1985 Buick LeSabre Reviews - Page 8 of 12

1985 Buick LeSabre 5.0 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 5.0 V8 Automatic

Summary:

A car that out performs it's standards

The car's exhaust was totally rusted out.

All, but one of the brake lines had to be replaced.

General Comments:

I am 16 and my first car is the 1985 Buick LeSabre. My friends make fun of the cars size. but I know when there are looking for a ride the come to me.

The brake lines should have never needed to be replaced, but sat in a shed for a few years.

The cars seats are awesome. The sound from the stereo beats mosts of my friends cars which are all in the 1990's.

I would not switch my car for any other used car.

15-18 miles per gallon is not the best, but I could do worse.

Review Date: 18th July, 2004

8th Dec 2005, 23:02

I have had my 85 for three years now and she's holding up great. I wouldn't trade this car for any new car that's for sure. $35.25 for two-year registration! Recently I had the windows tinted and I got a system put in. Pioneer Premier CD/WMA, MP3,AAC head unit with Infinity 4X6 2-way plate speakers up front and Infinity 6X9 3-way speakers in the rear deck with a Pioneer 6-CD changer. I had a 2-channel 400W amp and 12" subwoofer put in too. Bumps real nice. Much better than the factory "stuff". You are lucky to have such a great car, especially for a first vehicle! Great find. Take good care of it and it will take care of you, trust me. BTW, my first car was a 4-door 1983 Olds Delta 88. It was only a V6 with 2bbl carb, but it was nice. Another thing, you can't go 10 miles on empty with fuel injection!

1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Edition V8 from North America

Engine and transmission V8 Automatic

Summary:

A beast that moves for no car!

The doors cannot be unlocked from the outside. I keep them unlocked all the time now.

Exhaust is rusting out and needs replacement.

The doors and bumpers are rusting.

Rain enters the car on the drivers side of the windshield.

General Comments:

Wow do I love this car!

My grandfather died a few years back and left it to me. The car does have its problems, but who cares! The ride is super comfy and you can't beat the power.

Review Date: 18th May, 2004

23rd May 2004, 11:56

Sounds more like a BEAtER than a beast.

27th May 2004, 00:44

I've had several Oldsmobile Delta 88s similar to this Lesabre. These cars are very strong and durable - yours is barely getting broken in at 99,000 miles. It may be a beater, but it's a great car.

1985 Buick LeSabre Limited Collector's Edition 307 cubic inch V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 307 cubic inch V8 Automatic
Previous carBuick Regal

Summary:

This car resonates what Buick was, and still is today

Had to replace the rotting original exhaust system at 100,000 miles.

Had to replace engine mounts at 102,000 miles.

General Comments:

This car performs very well I think, considering it's size versus it's power train.

My fuel mileage ranges from 17 to 24 miles per gallon. Which I believe is very fair for a car it's size and age.

This is one of the most comfortable cars I've owned to date.

I also feel the car has been very dependable as I have had no operating problems, having put over 16,000 miles on it in just 8 months.

Review Date: 21st March, 2004

1985 Buick LeSabre custom coupe 307 Olds 5.0 V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 307 Olds 5.0 V8 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Beretta

Summary:

Has the characteristics of a male lion

Doors starting to dry rot.

Hard to find replacement doors!

Rear bumper could be replaced due to rust damage.

So far so good.

General Comments:

I feel the same way most of you guy's do about these cars. I really lucked out. I purchased an 85 Two-door custom with the 307 Olds 5.0. Very minuet and surface and edge rust from sitting, except bottom of doors are starting to dry rot, but still swing on the hinges and close like their new, could use a new rear bumper too. Paint went soft on the trunk, it's kind of dull. Interior is immaculate, no burns, stains or smell. The AC and power windows work perfect. The Power steering is like a hot knife through soft butter. It has a "confirmed" 50,500 original miles on it (I have all the service records since 86 (Told you I lucked out!) ). From driving 3 Chevy 2.8's to this as my first 8 cyln..I'm in love..! My stomach turns to jelly driving this vehicle, it's like the same feeling I get when I see my woman walking around the house nude. Great comfortable vehicle with great gas mileage and Emissions for such a heavy car. Needs a new stereo though, it still has an ac delco AM only tuner with two speakers in the front(finding myself listening to more soul, funk and disco lately, which is kinda hilarious to me, driving this big car). And what kinda guy doesn't appreciate a four 1/2 body trunk (five with out the spare..!)? The only thing that might be a prob is finding Doors.

Review Date: 15th February, 2004

17th Feb 2004, 10:28

Hmm, although this car "has the characteristics of a male lion", driving it makes you feel like you do when you see your woman nude?

Definitely sounds like some unresolved issues there...

12th Mar 2004, 09:58

If this guy gets so worked up over an old LeSabre, wonder what effect a Grand National would have on him?

Maybe better not to think about that.

3rd Mar 2007, 11:13

I have a 85 Buick Lesabre Custom. The car gets looks every time I drive it, so I have invested in restoring the car.