2003 Buick Rendezvous CXL 3.4 from North America
Best car we have had, just need to elimiate the road noise
1) Excessive road noise when there is small consistent ridges or bumps on road.
2) Excessive noise & grinding in left front electric window.
3) Rubber boot around gearshift lever has split.
1) One of the greatest and most comfortable vehicle we have ever purchased.
2) Plenty of interior room.
3) We have the trailer towing package & have towed our small tailer. Wouldn't do big mountains, but "OK" for around Missouri.
4) Have reduced interior road noise by installing fiberglass insulation behind all the plastic panels in rear & putting a wide rubber tape on the thin stamped steel frame work. Next will try undercoating.
5) Great sound system.
6) Very comfortable to get in & out of.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Don't Know
Review Date: 17th November, 2003
I too had the boot around the gearshift split on my 2002. My dealer however replaced it under warranty at no cost to me. Mileage at the time approximately 45000.
I have a leased 2002 Rendez-vous with 40,000 miles and entirely trouble free so far. I like the car for its look, the space, the ride, the comfort, its reliability and the winter driving. However the road noise in the cabin from the powertrain is driving me and my family crazy.
I love my Buick Rendez-vous and would lease another one if the manufacturer is able to eliminate the road noise, add a more powerful base engine and eliminate the 3rd row seat on the CXL model.
The third row and the option to get the split row captain's chairs in the 2nd are the reason we bought this vehicle.
That and I have only ever drove Buicks. All other car experiences have been a nightmare.
I have an '03 AWD CXL and only just now, today, have to replace the intake gasket and front wheel bearing. Other than that, it has been a safe, reliable and comfortable vehicle. Not to mention - good looking.
I agree. :-)
It has been reliable, comfortable, except the road noise. I like the third row seating. It has been great for kids when adults also traveled with us.