1993 Cadillac Deville Sedan 4.9 from North America

Summary:

Awesome American made ride!

Nothing major, routine maintenance only, minor repairs.

General Comments:

AWESOME!

Incredible smooth ride and excellent power. Super comfortable.

Nice and tight, and no squeaks, rattles or noises.

I am proud to drive it!... American made!

I get compliments on the car, and I keep it clean and waxed to represent the Cadillac brand.

It's a daily driver and reliable, and I feel good driving a great American Marque!

I did not pay a lot for it compared to the return of how much reliability and enjoyment it brings.

Review Date: 5th January, 2012

6th Jan 2012, 19:28

Great review, I had the same car 10 years ago and totally agree with everything you say.

Just keep an eye on the coolant, flush it regularly, add the special tablets, and you will be good to go for many more miles.

7th Jan 2012, 10:53

Thank you! Yes, I maintain the cooling system with flush and fills every two years with de-mineralized water (or coolant that is 50/50 with it already), and add new GM tablets to the new fill.

27th Jan 2012, 17:27

You are right, you don't pay very much for these cars compared to the enjoyment and reliability they bring.

There is no car with a more comfortable interior than an older American luxury car.

I have owned similar cars, and I am proud to own and drive a classic example of fine American made, Detroit steel.

Older Cadillacs, Oldsmobile, Lincolns, full size cars were made for driver enjoyment and interior luxury. Something a lot of newer cars are lacking.

1993 Cadillac Deville 4.9 from North America

Summary:

Surprised this GM made car is so trouble free!!

Thermostat stuck open, I believe due to car lot syndrome. The car needed brakes and tires when purchased. Driver's side plastic tank on radiator cracked (fixed for $45).

When I got new tires, they informed me that I will soon need hubs bearings and outer tie rod ends. That is not too shabby for a car with almost 250,000 miles on the clock.

General Comments:

Like most reviewers say: 0-45mph, well you own the road!! Has the infamous "caddy float" I like after a 15 hour shift at work, but not meant for aggressive drivers.

This has been one of the most trouble free cars I have owned, considering the miles. I love the ride, inside roominess, and quietness. My 97 Nissan pickup has had more problems in the same amount of time I have owned it.

The torque is "neck snapping" to say the least. Gas MPG is in the 17-24 range. I tend to have a heavy foot on rural country roads. LOL, no one is looking... Why not?

Seriously, I'm surprised that there are no rattles or shakes at any speed. I'm considering getting another 93 Caddy for parts in order to keep this one on the road as long as possible. Have you ever gotten rid of a nice running car, only to kick yourself later? Well this car is a keeper.

Check out CadillacOwners.com for further assistance on keeping these tanks running top notch. If you are the DIY type person, then you will find these pre-Northstar motors are far cheaper and easier to deal with.

BTW: When you do replace parts, stick with AC Delco if funds permit.

Review Date: 2nd May, 2011

3rd Jun 2011, 18:59

You have been listening to too many Toyota and Honda owners. GM has made a lot of great, reliable cars.

9th Apr 2012, 21:51

I agree. I'm the original poster, and just picked another Cadillac Deville. This one is a 91 that is in pristine condition with half the miles. White on grey like I have always wanted. Sold my 93 Deville to my landlord. Float on Caddy owners!

1993 Cadillac Deville 4.9 V8 from North America

Summary:

Comfy car with get up and go

EGR valve.

Oil pan gasket (gave up after 3rd time).

A/C evaporator.

Trunk pull down switch.

Front rotors warp easy.

Radio quit.

Replaced motor mounts.

Hole in engine block (known as electrolysis).

General Comments:

This was a good car, I actually miss it and might still have it today if it wasn't for the hole in the block, which was the size of a pin hole, so I quietly traded it in.

The car rode very well, with plenty of power. I did not like that it was front wheel drive. Today I drive a high mileage town car, and I have to say the ride and reliability on the Lincoln is better, but I will always love Caddys. I want to get my hands on a 1980 Coupe Deville to own as a classic 2nd car.

Review Date: 27th October, 2009