1993 Cadillac DeVille Reviews - Page 2 of 5

1993 Cadillac DeVille 4.9 from North America

Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

Great as a second car

The rear shocks mounts are broken, the ABS quit working, and now the automatic climate control quit working.

General Comments:

This car is very comfortable to drive, generally quiet (except some wind noise), and has been very reliable.

Given that it has so many miles, I only use it as a work car. I could live with the broken shocks, and warning lights for ABS, but now that the automatic climate control quit working, it won't be near as comfortable.

Review Date: 19th December, 2008

1993 Cadillac DeVille 4.9L TPI from North America

Engine and transmission 4.9L TPI Automatic
Distance when acquired190000 kilometres
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

Very reliable, strong beast

Brake line rusted out.

Spark plugs.

General Comments:

This car is the best bang for the buck. I've had to pay $0 in maintenance for the past $20000, it keeps going and going and going.

The engine is still real strong; it can jerk you back in your seat if you gun it at the right time.

Eats a lot of premium gas; eats even more gas if you try to use the cheap stuff.

Handles good and is a tank, impact to tree or signs barely leaves a scratch.

I will definitely buy another one of these if this one ever dies!!

Review Date: 26th March, 2008

1993 Cadillac DeVille Sixty Special 4.9L V8 from North America

Engine and transmission 4.9L V8 Automatic
Previous carMazda Protege

Summary:

Turns heads when you're only 24 y/o!!

When I got it it started choking and stalling on me all the time so I had it checked... My cat was clogged up so it was cleared and a carbon treatment was done. things went well for a few days...

Then I changed the water pump myself and a hose blew 2 days later. I also changed the "sludgy" oil as well as the oil pan gasket... and it fixed all the previous problems!! Could have saved $800!! Dammit!!

Brake caliper driver's side was change... now I need to change the back plate and that's all!!

General Comments:

Other than these few troubles everything is just amazing. Couches are insanely comfortable and it rides like a true Caddy. A little bouncy at times, but not that bad. It's a gas gobbler though...

Engine is super quiet. All I hear is a little grow due to my empty cat, but it somehow gives it a little sporty sound... kinda like it! Everything works perfectly, but the A/C is not as strong as it used to be when new, but that's only normal...

You can actually feel the automatic suspension and power steering work for you. Overall an amazing car for it's age. If you can afford the premium gas (regular is totally not recommended cuz I tried it!!) this is the perfect luxury car!

Review Date: 20th October, 2007

1993 Cadillac DeVille 4.9 from North America

Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

Awesome ride

Needed a new starter.

General Comments:

I love this car. I bought it for $2500 and its in mint condition. Never been in an accident. No rust anywhere. I use it as a winter car because I also own a 2006 Ford Mustang which will not drive well in the snow in Michigan. So I use this Caddy to go to and from work. It so smooth on the freeways. I will drive this car till the wheels fall off of it.

Review Date: 15th December, 2006

1993 Cadillac DeVille from North America

Previous carFord Mystique

Summary:

This has got to be the sexiest car ever made!!!

I've replaced the water pump and serpentine belt at a total cost of 200.00 parts and labor.

General Comments:

I love this car! She's beautiful! Excellent performance and you can't beat the comfort. It's like riding on air. Mine is pearl white with garnet red interior. Excellent condition inside and out. At my son's suggestion, I've added 20 inch, 240 spoke chrome rims, tinted the windows and voila! I am now officially a very cool mom.

Review Date: 16th February, 2006

18th Feb 2006, 16:03

WoooHooo!! Look at that spare tire!!!

2nd Jul 2006, 09:58

Just finished cleaning the whitewalls on my 93 Deville. It still looks, runs and rides great. The only good reason I can think of to get a newer one is to have more airbags - passenger front and sides.

29th Dec 2010, 15:46

I have a Cadillac DeVille 1993. It was one of the best cars I ever owned. 130.000 klm on it, and it never cost me too much in repairs; about 100,00 for to replace a gas line. But I love it. Luxurious car.