2001 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews - Page 2 of 13

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3L from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 4.3L Manual
Previous carOldsmobile Cutlass

Summary:

I love this Blazer

I have replaced the brakes and rotors, the brake light, the clutch this year, universal joints twice, and normal wear and tear things.

No major problems at all.

General Comments:

This vehicle is awesome, and still runs like a new one.

Just now starting to have to replace parts.

I wish I could still purchase this model of ZR2 Blazer. It breaks my heart to know that I will not be able to replace this vehicle.

I can't believe that Chevrolet has stopped putting standard transmissions in their vehicles.

Review Date: 20th December, 2010

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 4.3L V6 Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Blazer

Summary:

I love my S-10

First, the fuel pump went at 185000km at a cost of $425.

At 195000, I then rebuilt the front end myself, replacing the 4 wheel drive hub assemblies at a cost of $190 per side, the upper and lower ball joints at $45 a piece. I also replaced all my u-joint's at $20 a piece, and then upgraded my muffler to a smaller Dynomax. I also modified the stock air box and installed a K&N high flow air filter. I have not listed the costs of these items, as they are modifications and not repairs!

At 215000km, I had to replace the CV joints both sides at a cost of $150 per side. After returning the cores, I also replaced the anti sway bar end links at a cost of $45.

At 22500km, I blew the right front CV joint, but once again it was under warranty, and I installed it myself!

At 235000km, I had to replace the fuel pump again, but luckily it was still under warranty, so it didn't cost any more than the stress my wife had getting it home, barely wanting to run!

At 240000km, I replaced the spark plug wires with MSD Superconductor 8mm racing plug wires at a cost of $125. I also replaced the cap and rotor with MSD parts at a cost of $85.

At 245000, I bought a Hypertech Power Programmer at a cost of $500. While not a repair, it is well worth the money, rewarding me with 30mpg at 100kph, and 18 to 24mpg in the city; that's a big improvement over the 15mpg city and 20mpg highway the truck got when I bought it!

At 248000km, the rear most u-joint let go after a 1400km trip towing a fully loaded trailer, but it was non-greasable, so I replaced them with greasable heavy duty ones at a cost of $35 a piece.

General Comments:

Me, my wife and my 2 sons love our Blazer!

After having improved the efficiency and performance through mild modifications, this truck handles like a dream and absolutely hauls ass!

The truck also has the original Bilstein premium shocks that it rolled off the assembly line with! And believe it or not, it still rides like a caddy!

The truck has had its problems, but has never left us anywhere (other than the fuel pump in town the first time around! LOL), and has had the crap driven out of it by both me and my wife! But it just seems to shrug off the km, and keeps going and going!

I use the Blazer to tow my 16 foot ski boat, a 5x10 utility trailer when I need a truck, and I has moved my family twice, and too many friends to count!

I recommend everybody finds the S-10 that fits their needs and lifestyles! With a little preventative maintenance and a lot of love, your Blazer or S-10 will reward you with endless years of reliable operation!

Review Date: 3rd September, 2010

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
First year of ownership2010
Distance when acquired172000 kilometres
Previous carChevrolet Lumina

Summary:

Great little SUV :)

I bought my Blazer LS 2 door 4x4 in Feb 2010.

Since ownership, I've had to replace the universal (which was never done before) and a brake job.

I bought it especially for driving long distances in the winter, and the 4 wheel drive is excellent in my opinion.

I don't find parts for this vehicle expensive like other people are saying. I change my oil every 3000kms, & check other fluids when I'm doing my oil changes.

As a person who works in the automotive industry, I do hear horror stories about all types of cars; every make/model has its own set of problems from what I have seen.

I've only ever driven GM vehicles, and have had no major issues.

The gas consumption on the Blazer is moderate, but depending on where I drive, I sometimes get really good mileage, and other times not so great. But for a 4.3L, I expected much worse, so I'm happy with what I get out of it.

I'd have to say my only complaint about the Blazer is that in high winds, I might as well be driving a kite. The area I live is prone to high winds and wind storms, and if it gets really bad out, I try not to drive the Blazer, and take my car instead.

General Comments:

On a 1-10 scale for gas mileage, I'd give it a 7.5.

Great 4x4.

Great for road trips and camping.

Overall, one of the best vehicles I've owned.

Review Date: 12th August, 2010