2001 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews - Page 3 of 13

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3 Vortec from North America

Engine and transmission 4.3 Vortec Automatic
Previous carOldsmobile 88

Summary:

I love my Blazer - she has been my faithful roadtrip companion for 10 years and counting

Ball joints were an issue; replaced uppers and lowers 2x.

Original fuel pump lasted 120,000 miles.

Am sitting in a bookstore waiting for the fuel filter to be replaced, lasted 130,000 miles.

Very few issues.

General Comments:

I have been the sole owner of this car for all but 300 miles (delivery miles from NY dealer). I love it. I read these other reviews, and think maybe I got lucky, but however you look at it, I love this car.

Fuel consumption is the major issue.

Off road, it has been great. Harsh winters back east, and in the Grand Canyon National Park where I live now - the Blazer handles snow beautifully.

It has been a completely reliable vehicle for me, and the service I have received from the 2 Chevy dealers I use has been second to none. I take good care of her, but also have driven her fairly hard (got it when I was 20).

I have very few complaints, and would consider buying another... perhaps converting it to bio diesel...

Review Date: 26th July, 2010

2001 Chevrolet Blazer ZR2 4.3 from North America

First year of ownership2010
Previous carEagle Talon

Summary:

Hard on gas, high maintenance cost

General Comments:

When I bought the Blazer, I thought it was pretty sweet, nice 4x4 that looked good. But up till now, the Blazer has had way too many problems that happened to it for the low km.

So far I've had problems with a heater core, mass air flow sensor, wheel bearings, ball joints, fuel pump. I do most of my own work on it, and GM designs suck for doing maintenance. High labour cost. Also the rear tire unlatches by itself occasionally.

Review Date: 24th February, 2010

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4.3 4x4 from North America

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 4.3 4x4 Automatic
Previous carNissan Sentra

Summary:

Money pit!

Replaced brake pads, turned rotors and new front calipers.

New tires.

Four wheel alignment.

Replaced leaking oil line.

Replaced fuel sending unit.

Replaced catalytic converter.

Replaced O2 sensors.

Cruise control does not work.

General Comments:

Big money pit. Bought to tow 2700lb camper, but feels like I am towing a semi. Has no power up hills. Blazer loves gas stations. Likes to visit them twice a week!

I am not spending anymore money on this hunk of junk. If I had not spent all of my money on repairs, I would have used the cash for clunkers program. This is a true clunker!

Review Date: 10th August, 2009

10th Aug 2009, 11:09

You bought it an old vehicle with high miles. What did you expect?

10th Aug 2009, 12:33

8 years old is not an old car.

My 1989 Acura Integra. That's an old car. And it probably runs better, and needs about $100/year in maintenance expenses.

2001 Chevrolet Blazer LT 2.0 unleaded from Indonesia

Engine and transmission 2.0 unleaded Manual
Previous carBMW 5 Series

Summary:

Good if it has a larger engine and better A/C

Nothing serious, like the driver's window wasn't working like 2 times. Has been serviced so is now working properly.

Seats have started to tear off (probably because they are assembled in Indonesia).

Air conditioner has been serviced many times, and yet, it is still working like a fan =(

General Comments:

This heavy car with almost a ton in weight. Runs pretty good.

However, it comes with only 2000cc DOHC in my home country. I found it is not fast enough even when compared to a Toyota Kijang, which has only 1800cc.

Also, the air conditioner is not cold enough like any, which is pretty crucial in tropical countries like mine.

Nevertheless, the cabin interior is good. There is wood panel for the dashboard, leather seats, and navigation devices (sort like a compass and surrounding temperature).

Review Date: 27th February, 2009

27th Feb 2009, 16:43

2000cc is way undersized for a SUV of its size, in America the Blazers of the era came with the 4.3 Liter (4300cc) engines which is very good size for the Blazer.

10th Mar 2009, 12:06

Yep, I also found this car is underpowered with only 2.0 litres, but hey, Indonesia is nowhere the same as the U.S. We've got traffic jams everywhere, few worthy main roads, even toll highways are also jammed and that happens everyday. You will need like 45 minutes to reach 15 kms. I mean, seriously, I would cry if I owned a 4.0 litre car in Indonesia.

21st Apr 2010, 22:22

Please be corrected, it is 2200cc instead of 2000cc. Still underpowered, but my Blazer is able to go for 160kmh.