1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Reviews - Page 5 of 7

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier coup 2.4 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous caroldsmobile alero

Summary:

A great car for a cheap price

The only things that have gone wrong in my car are all of the little plastic pieces have broken off, eg:On each side of the seat's, and the seat belt holders and on the top of the seat belt.

And also my friend hit a pole with it and it just crumpled so fast when he told me he said that he didn't even hit the pole hard, but with as much damage that as was done to my car ither he was lying to me and hit it really hard or they are just really cheaply made.

General Comments:

I think that Cavalier's are a really good car mine is kind of a piece, but I still love it. And it was only 7,000 and it looks good and I have never had any problems with it.

Review Date: 10th January, 2003

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier from North America

First year of ownership1996
Most recent distance112000 miles
Previous carChrysler New Yorker

Summary:

A lemon (the really sour kind)

I purchased this vehicle as a program car that had never been titled and had low miles.

Shortly after the warranty expired, the transmission blew (around 40,000 miles).

Since that time, I have had to replace the starter twice, the alternator, the air conditioner compressor, and the radiator.

General Comments:

Because of its lack of dependability and Chevy's less-than-adequate service, I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Review Date: 6th January, 2003

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe 2.2L from North America

First year of ownership1998
Most recent year of ownership2002
Engine and transmission 2.2L Automatic
Previous carFord Taurus

Summary:

Cute happy little car

The car needed a new motor mounts at 68,000 miles.

It also needed a new battery and alternator at around 73,000 miles.

Mysterious squeaky noise from the dashboard.

General Comments:

This is a great little car. It was a cheap price and well worth the money.

Its comfy inside, even for taller people. My friend is 6'4 and is comfortable driving this car.

The car isn't exactly an acceleration monster. I am scared getting on the highway. I usually have to put the pedal to the metal.

It's great on gas. Only fill it up once every two weeks. The car isn't driven very far. Which explains why only 15,000 miles has been put on it since it was purchased.

Compared to the car I owned before this, the Cavalier is a dream. The Taurus was a complete disaster. Chevy won me over on this little car.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2002

22nd Feb 2005, 11:03

About the acceleration... my cavalier has no problem accelerating. It does 0-60 in about 9 seconds which isn't bad for a car, but excellent for a four cylinder which it is.

24th Mar 2006, 13:41

I have owned a 1995 cavalier coupe which has very little options on it. I had a sun roof and sterio put in when it was new. I had a tune-up done while in Florida, at 195k, and they put #3 spark plug in crooked. This caused the engine to miss, but the mechanics were unable to correct the problem without major work. I have replaced the battery, starterX2, and usual brakes and tires. It has had no rust or problems since the day I took it off the lot. I sold it with over 375k, and Have now made contact with the new owners, who are a young couple and asked to buy it off them as soon as I can. This should show that it is a very reliable, fun-loving car... I hope others can give this same response...Bob.

1995 Chevrolet Cavalier 2.2 from North America

Most recent year of ownership2002
Most recent distance152000 miles

Summary:

Bargain price with high maintenance!

When inspected by two mechanics, both found the head gasket to leak. I missed the special policy deadline by one month. All cavaliers have this problem, and I thought it may only cost $500, however, you need to redo the cylinder as well if you plan on keeping the car. If you don't fix the cylinder, it will rust, and eventually you will need to replace the cylinder and head gasket again. This costs about $1200. Is it worth it? As well as this problem, the control arm is leaking fluid from the "bushles", I think it's called. Another $500 to be done later, not to mention the brakes.

General Comments:

This car seemed like a great private buy at $4,200!

Even though I've only had the car for about 6 months, I find it really expensive for maintenance. Total costs will be about $2,000.

On the other hand, the car is excellent on gas! I fill up the tank on $25.00! Great for students. It's really comfortable inside, and is relatively small and easy to park, especially in the city.

Tell me this, will I be constantly spending money on maintenance costs?

Review Date: 15th December, 2002

13th Jan 2003, 15:11

No, I do not think that the car will cost you a great deal of money, but, what you have to look at is whom you have to fix it. Yes it will probably cost a great deal, but it will be fix correctly, and in the long run you will save.

Thanks,

A Concerned Chevrolet Cavalier Owner.