1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 4.3L V6 from North America

Shocks finished.

Fuel pump died.

Fuel injector leaking.

A/C doesn't work.

General Comments:

I bought this truck last year to replace my daily driver, which spent more time in my driveway than on the road. This S-10 is fairly old and has quite a few miles on it. So I was expecting it to need some work. Unfortunately, for me I’ve had to replace quite a few things. The repair bill is up around $2000 so far, and I still have quite a few things left to fix. Still, overall it’s been fairly reliable. I took it on a 4400 mile round trip and wasn’t left stranded. It got me there and back in one piece.

I find the seats to be pretty comfy, and I don’t generally get sore even on long trips. I find the leg room to be slightly lacking, but I think that’s to be expected in a small vehicle.

I’m not sure if there is something wrong with the steering or not, since I’ve never driven any other S-10’s, but mine feels really loose. It doesn’t feel very precise. The overall ride quality is very truck-like, a little rough and bouncy at times.

Considering that I have a 4.3L V6, I figured I would have decent power, but there isn’t much pep there. I have to mash the gas petal to the floor to get up to speed on the freeway. Gas mileage is decent at about 25mpg highway.

Overall I enjoy the truck, but not so much the hit I've taken money wise fixing it. I think had I been able to afford a newer S-10, I might have been able to avoid similar issues. The truck is at that age and mileage where you need to start putting money into it to keep it on the road.

Review Date: 27th February, 2009

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2.2L from North America

Rugged and reliable!!!

Wiper motor at 70,000.

Fuel pump at 165,000.

Water pump at 185,000.

A/C compressor at 169,000 (did not replace).

General Comments:

This is the most dependable truck I have ever owned.

If someone had told me at 38,000 miles I would keep rolling at 190,000, I would have said "yeah right".

A/C lasted longer than expected, I simply chose not to replace it.

Although it lacks pep, this 4 cyl is great on gas and has enough power to haul the occasional washer or fridge.

The fact this 2.2 engine is so rugged and durable it makes hard decisions on whether to do more expensive repairs... easy (need new clutch soon).

I add ring seal to every oil change to help extend the life of the engine, and fuel injector cleaner every month.

Never let this truck run hot and you will be rewarded!!

Review Date: 26th February, 2009

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4.3 from North America

Too many problems through the years

My 1994 S10 blazer at 185,000 miles is giving me another serious problem. It's sitting in the garage right now, waiting for me to work on it again.

I replaced the CPI 1 time. The EGR 2 times, the water pump 2 times, the heater core 2 times, the control module 1 time, the distributor 1 time, tune up 3 times.

Now the engine runs really bad at idle again with smell of gas fumes inside the vehicle. I can't stand the problems with this car, it seems to be one thing after another. It's all tuned up now, but losing a lot of gas mileage. Can a poppet on the injector pop of when I replaced it new on the car 3 years ago? I really don't want to go back into the intake if I don't have to.

Please help with any ideas to help solve this problem. I need to keep the car as long as I can.

General Comments:

Too many problems when this car gets old, won't buy another one like this again.

Review Date: 2nd February, 2009