13th Jan 2018, 19:12

23:10 That’s a no. It’s new vs new. You pick one new. Choose gas or diesel. The note the exact cash purchase price difference before you even turn the key and leave the new dealer showroom. Then you calculate how much lower cost diesel fuel savings you will have to experience to warrant the higher price over gas. That’s what that means. Then compare to the new purchase price of the gasoline version. Both new vehicles will in fact depreciate either way. But it’s the fuel savings, longer prolonged cross country distances, towing mountainous terrain etc that is more the appeal of diesel.

19th Jan 2018, 12:20

Wow. I didn't think my review of my truck would get so many comments.

19th Jan 2018, 21:58

It happen on here sometimes :) Often a good review will get no comments. But then someone picks up on a small inconsistency or takes something someone wrote the wrong way and comment sections go on forever :)

20th Jan 2018, 01:48

"That's a no"

Oh - so having the truck for 13+ years, using it for everything under the sun, racking up high miles and being totally reliable, he didn't "break even", nor get his money's worth? Comments 19:12 and 12:20 both talk in riddles; probably written by the same person.

20th Jan 2018, 18:37

OK, I will make it very simple. I like and continue to buy brand new Silverado gasoline only models. There’s no riddles. I also wrote 19:12, not the other post. I may not drive as far as you guys, but I really like this vehicle. As far as getting my money’s worth, that’s affirmative as well. What I tow is significantly more valuable. Does the job safely, reliable, and works extremely well for the situation. I think we are on the same plain. The value is there for you with your Silverado as well; only difference being is you keep it longer. Mine may have a lower odometer reading, but actually did heavy actual towing. How that factors on actual drivetrain longevity would make for a very interesting comparison. Good luck!

21st Jan 2018, 17:06

No not really. Very few of the comments actually pertain to the review at all.

21st Jan 2018, 22:49

Especially coming from the import camp. Also as a side note, on a 2016 review it would be very nice to read more than one other commenter sharing their info on a current Silverado version.