1999 Chrysler Concorde LXI 3.2 from North America

Summary:

This is the best car I have ever owned

Items replaced under warranty:

* All four power window motors.

* Driver's side seat belt bolt (recall).

* Hood gas struts.

* Both headlight assemblies and gaskets.

* Both skirts that tie rods pass through in the engine comp.

* Repaired transaxle leak and added vent tube.

* Rear panel door trim creak (recall).

* Floor shifter ignition/park interlock (recall).

Items I have replaced at my cost:

* Trunk gas struts.

* RR door power lock motor assembly.

* Front brake pads & rotors.

* One new set of tires.

* Accessory and power steering drive belts.

* Battery.

General Comments:

Great looking car after 14 years. Still attracts attention for its beautiful styling.

Best car I have ever owned for value and low cost operation. Averages 26 MPG in all types of driving.

Spacious interior and trunk (18.7 cu. ft.).

Cab forward design pushes the wheel well back into the area where your left foot needs to rest while driving, and it's uncomfortable.

Very respectable power and torque for a 4 speed transmission and 3.2L V-6 engine.

Handling is nimble and sporty for a car of this size.

Good fit and finish on all body panels, and no exterior rust after 14 years in Michigan winters.

Air conditioner lost some freon charge annually, and I added cans as required to keep it charged to the correct pressures. Freon charge with sealant finally did the trick, and it no longer leaks.

For a $25,000 car, I have been very pleased, and would purchase another Chrysler vehicle.

Review Date: 17th January, 2013

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 3.2 from North America

Summary:

Nice to drive, but it was a nightmare for me

Both head gaskets blew at 140,000kms, along with the intake manifold.

Electronic problems galore.

Transmission case cracked at 160,000kms.

Altogether I have spent over $9000 on maintenance and repairs over the last 2 years.

I can't stand feeling the road through my accelerator pedal. My Nissan Micra had a more substantial pedal.

Hot start problem that no dealer can figure out.

General Comments:

Nice to drive, good paint, but just like most Chrysler products, they're unreliable. I have been stuck on the side of the road 5 times with this car.

Review Date: 3rd April, 2012

6th May 2013, 09:25

With this hot start problem, run a ground wire from your negative battery terminal directly to your starter; this will fix the hot start. I've done this on 3 of these cars now... PDP.

1999 Chrysler Concorde from North America

Summary:

Quite satisfied

Oil light comes on when stopped.

Sound system confusing.

Steering wheel alignment.

Driver window makes weird noise when rolled up.

General Comments:

This is my first official car, and for what I paid, I am extremely satisfied. Sure, there were some issues. When I went for a test drive, the brakes were very touchy, but the dealership replaced the brakes and gave it an oil change for free. Pickup is awesome. Comfort and style are fantastic.

Review Date: 7th October, 2010

6th May 2013, 09:29

Your light is coming on because your engine is full of sludge, and it will be quitting soon. There is a massive oil sludge issue with these cars. PDP.

1999 Chrysler Concorde LXI 3.2 litre from North America

Summary:

Never buy Chrysler

So the good ol' Chrysler Concorde... Well let me start out by saying the car blows. I bought it from a dealer with a warranty for the transmission and engine. Well those weren't the problem, it was the front end; first the tie rod went out.. then the stabilizer arm went out.. then the control arm went out, then the wheel bearing went out. Now the struts are going out in the back.

Oh, and the plastic between the windshield and hook is on its last legs, and the windows barely want to go up.. and when they do, they make this screeching sound that will wake the neighbors.

Oh, and can't forget the lovely power leather seats.. mine are special; they stopped working and fell back. Nice, but I mean it's a good car; I recommend it to everyone who wants to spend their money on a car, get a few months out of it, and then use it as a lawn ornament.

General Comments:

The car blows.

Review Date: 2nd September, 2010

2nd Sep 2010, 22:29

What is the world coming to when you can't buy an 11 year old car with higher miles and it doesn't drive new?!

I'm sorry, I don't doubt your issues, but a lot of those front end things are typical maintenance with a car of this age and miles, especially if the car was exposed to snow/harsh weather. I do feel bad that you think you got taken by the dealer, but you have to understand that used, older cars are going to need some work.

I have a 2008 Impala that I spent 27K on, and have had much worse issues than the ones you are describing, that GM refuses to do anything about. Am I happy about it? Of course not, but it's one of the joys of owning a car!