1999 Chrysler Concorde LXi 3.2L from North America

Summary:

Beautiful car, questionable design

Power window motor went out on passenger side.

Strut out on front passenger side.

Trunk struts are shot.

Wire harness for rear lights (brakes, turn signals, etc.) shorted out.

Cracked windshield.

Digital climate control screen went out.

Rear sway bar link snapped.

General Comments:

Let me start off by telling you that I bought this car with some front end damage, the only parts of the car it affected were the bumper and the left turn signal. The car had also sat for some three months prior, most likely leading to the problems in the suspension.

For such a high mileage vehicle, it has served me very faithfully, I have never had any problems starting the car, driving it, or working on it. I do admit though, the car is truly a mechanics nightmare, the cab forward design makes the engine bay like a can of sardines. Just to get at the battery, you must jack the car up and remove the wheel to access the wheel well panel.

Electrically, the car does have its flaws, I had one instance where the gauges and dash lights would not work whatsoever, I quickly learned that ice likes to get up in the bumper of the vehicle, cutting the wire harness, I quickly purchased mud flaps.

The ride was incredible when I purchased the vehicle, but the rough roads in this area quickly destroyed that, new struts are in order as well as a new sway bar link, as soon as I can afford them, trust me, never try to load your own springs, it is a death wish.

The sound system was complete junk when I bought the car, the three front speakers were all blown (I suggest removing the dash speaker, as it does nothing for the sound quality) and the rears were well on their way, new 6 1/2s were put in with 6x9s following soon after. I eventually added a Kenwood deck and some subs. The sound system is now in check, but I warn you, rewiring your speakers is very tedious work, because there is a factory amp that must be bypassed, and aftermarket speakers do not take to well to the stock 2 ohms it pushes out.

Overall, I am happy with this car, it has a few nuances (gas mileage), but has performed beautifully for me in the time I've had it.

Review Date: 12th February, 2009

29th Mar 2011, 20:05

Have 1999 LXI. It is the best car ever. 359000 kilometers on it. Only uses half litre oil in 5000 kilometers. That's less than a quart for 3000 miles on a motor with 200000 miles on it. WOW.

1999 Chrysler Concorde Concorde 2.7L from North America

Summary:

I love the style and overall feel of this car

Since there are not enough lines to list everything that has gone wrong with my car since purchasing it new, I will just list the most recent things that have the most bearing.

Last year about this time, my car's oil light would come on only briefly whenever I came to a stop sign, or traffic light. When I accelerated, it would go off and stay off. I had the oil sending unit replaced and it seemed to work for a few days, but then it started doing the same thing. I have not had use of my car since July 1, 2008 because the motor eventually locked up from this problem. I am a single mom and cannot afford to replace the engine. I have been driving my son's spare 1998 Dodge truck with over 213,000 miles on it ever since.

General Comments:

I fell in love with this car the minute I saw it. Overall, it has been a great car.

I have taken very good care of this car by replacing things that have worn out. I have kept up with having the oil changed regularly and with general overall maintenance.

I only drive around 5 miles to work one way and back. This is why my car has such low mileage for the year. My car has only been on one long trip, to New Jersey and back.

I feel my car should have lasted more than 74,000 miles. My car is at a facility to be fixed. My mileage on it could be even less than this. I rounded it off.

Review Date: 8th December, 2008