2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring 2.4zl from North America
Very Reliable and Fun so far
Nothing has gone wrong with the car. Since day one it has operated very smoothly.
Around 60k, the car would sometimes stall as I was downshifting slowing down to make a turn.
One day I had the air filter box off and wiggled the battey cable. It was loose on the '+' side.
So I tightened it and so far at 65k it has gone away. No more stalling.
The plastic from the steering column use to creak when the car was new. But after time the creak noise went away.
It has been reliable thus far. At 60,000 miles I did the following maintance:
1. New Tires - Falken 452, nice tread design
2. New Brakes - New shoes not as dusty
3. New Plug Wires - Should have replaced them sooner.
4. New Spark Plugs - Have to remove manifold. Paid an arm and a leg for a mechanic to do it. Check out the websites on self help.
1. KN air filter
2. Horn removed from inside the air filter box
3. Connected the air horn tube sticking out from side the air filter box to the hole in the fender. I took a plastic drink cup from McDonald's kid's meal, cut it in half, used that to connect the open space.
Miles per Gallon (MPG) I drive 100 miles per day in my daily commute. These results I get with the speed.
80mph - 26mpg
75mph - 27mpg
70mph - 28mpg
60-65mph - 30 mpg
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 23rd March, 2007