1997 Chrysler Sebring Convertible JXI from North America - Comments

29th Dec 2012, 23:03

Do you have to remove the dash to solder the resistor for mileage?

4th Jun 2013, 14:15

Under the rockers there are drain holes at the front and rear rocker (under the doors) which become clogged. I use a compressor and an air nozzle to blow them out yearly to stop the dreaded wet floor problem. Since I have done this, the water drains as fast as it accumulates in the trunk reservoir.

17th Jun 2013, 22:02

I had the same on and off odometer. I pulled the dash trim around the cluster. I pulled the 4 screws out of the cluster and pushed on the plug that connects the odometer display to the board, and it lights up. So I put a 1/4 inch thick 2x4 inch bull nose tile with a 1/2 inch thick rubber foam behind the cluster.

I lined up the foam block with the plug and tightened the screws. Now it works just fine. It stays on all the time.

30th Jun 2013, 06:05

Anyone know how to fix the radio volume button? And also the single CD player keeps saying "err". Thanks.

25th Sep 2013, 20:51

Please tell my how to reset the anti theft system after it has been set off. Cannot get the horn to quit blowing without unplugging the battery.

17th Dec 2013, 13:25

I have a 1998 convertible JXI that I bought a week ago. I drove it one day and home for the night. In the morning after a cold night, it would turn over strongly and still does, but I cannot get it to actually start.

The only problems I realized previously was that when I shifted into or switched any gear, it would jerk because it was idling high. The high idling I am guessing is one of the symptoms of my problem. The only other thing is the meter on the left doesn't work; it tries to go counter clockwise, but I don't believe this has anything to do with why it won't start.

I checked and changed out fuses, but other than that I am at a dead end. I have a two month old and a job that just let me go because I couldn't make it to work because of the car, and I was getting there driving my moto-bike, but can't on icy roads. Any and all help would be a blessing!! I can receive feedback at richwoodsmith at gmail. Thank you everyone!!

Add another comment