1996 Daewoo Cielo GL from Australia and New Zealand - Comments

20th Apr 2010, 07:12

I own a 99 model Daewoo Cielo GLX. I overhauled the engine myself just after I purchased it, that was about just over 2 years ago. Just love this car, haven't faced any major issues with the car besides a few things here and there.

My point is if you look after the car, it is a very reliable car...

21st Apr 2010, 16:01

Yes it is a reliable car, Daewoo made the best car`s in their time, specially in the 90`s car`s like Cielo, Espero, Nexia, Matiz, Lanos, Leganza were their best best cars. All we need is to change their regular oil & a bit car of the vehicle while we drive; that's it & the rest the car does it for us. I wish Daewoo would hit the roads again.

25th May 2010, 07:07

I own a Daewoo Cielo, and I must say it runs very well and is very economical on fuel. Mileage is at 140000 kms and I have had no engine problems. Parts are also available in Kenya. There's a Korean shop in Hurlingham that stocks genuine new parts.

13th Oct 2010, 17:45

My Daewoo Cielo 97 has now done 265000kms!!! And cos I don't whinge about the little problems and give it a bit of bush mechanics, she's running fine and I haven't spent a dollar on it. Did I mention it cost AU$350? It's an ugly car and I don't like it.

26th Dec 2010, 20:08

I just bought this car about a month ago, and all I've had to do to it is replace the back springs and replace the exhaust with a Borla 2.5 inch pipe and a high flow cat. I have just put a turbo on it, along with extractors, lumpy cam, performance chip, and direct port nitrous oxide, and the car flies. I mean it hits the 13 second mark on the quarter mile, so I don't know what people are complaining about.

12th May 2013, 12:01

Hi, I have a 1997 Cielo, it is very nice car. Keep the water in the radiator mixed with plenty of glycol to preserve the aluminium cylinder head. My car has done 220,000 KM and uses no oil. It still goes like hell! :-)

Add another comment