2001 Daewoo Lanos Reviews - Page 8 of 8

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 1.5 litre SOHC Manual
Previous carHyundai Excel

Summary:

I should have gotten a new bike and invested in a new washing machine

Well really, what didn't go wrong, the whole car is a crap boxm I would have been better getting a washing machine. Like when do you see a car going 100km and doing 6000 revs a minute. My new Hyundai Accent only does 3500 revs a min, now that has got to be bad for the motor to do that.

General Comments:

If I had enough time I would have converted it into a lawn mower, but I don't have the time. I think I will sell it for only $5,000, that's over half of what I paid for it.

Review Date: 20th February, 2001

25th May 2001, 05:08

If you were doing 6000 revs at 100kmh you must have been in the wrong gear. Where did you learn to drive?

5th Sep 2001, 13:35

It's a shame that your dealer network couldn't sort it out. My experience of Daewoo after sales in UK is fantastic. I suspect that you got a bad car from the start and I think manufacturers should take the responsibility to give you another Identical but satisfactory car.

8th Sep 2001, 18:54

I am very satisfied with my one year old (now) LANOS SE 1.35 (1349 c.c. / 75 HP). Especially after the 10-12.000 Km the car started to show its virtues.

After the 1st main service at 20.000 Km the car is a wonder: very fast, responds very well at any command and is showing its excellent self. After all (don't forget) it's an OPEL ASTRA 1.4 (model '94).

One suggestion: try to change its tires with something better like the Michelin MXT Energy series at 175/70/13, the feeling of security while driving and power steering is high. All these from Greece!

25th May 2006, 23:56

My 2001 Daewoo Lanos now has 57000 miles on it. I bought it new. I've already had to replace the entire transmission, brakes, and the service engine light is on now and I fear for the worst... It has no pick up. Hills are a nightmare as I often wonder if we'll even get up it! Yes I know how to drive. Yes I service it at the dealership (you can't find anyplace else to work on it!) and yes I've taken care of it. It's not a good investment at all. Sadly because I like the cute little guy. I wish I would have bought something else.