1999 Daewoo Leganza Reviews - Page 4 of 6

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 2.2 Gas from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2 Gas Automatic
Previous carChevrolet S-10

Summary:

If you get a deal on a Daewoo, don't pass it up

The first thing that went wrong is the fog lamp. I went to the dealer and he said it would be $40 to fix it. Give me a break, I did it myself for $6 and only took me 20 min.

Then my brakes were catching. ($120)

Finally, the seats will wear if not Armarol every week.

General Comments:

I bought my Daewoo for $4,000. When I bought it it ran good, and It still runs good. There is a few minor design flaws though. First, the fuel cut off switch is right near the passengers seat. This is a very bad place to have it, for obvious reasons. Second, the speakers are extremely hard to get to. I tried to replace them myself, defiantly recommend going to a audio specialist. Although my car has a few things that I would like to change, I still am so glad I bought it. For the price I could not do any better. I just hope, now that the company is out of business, parts won't be hard to come by. So, in closing if you are planning on getting a 99 Leganza, don't pay more than $3500. And make sure it has less than 80,000 miles.

Review Date: 17th June, 2003

1999 Daewoo Leganza SX from North America

Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

DaeWho: Crap made in Korea

Brake lights didn't work.

Couldn't shift from Park to Drive.

CAM Sensor replaced twice.

Fuel line leaked.

Windshield leaks when rains.

Timing belt went at 59000.

Replaced radio three times.

Radio volume goes up by itself.

It's leaking oil.

Total break job twice.

General Comments:

Fuel shut-off button should be somewhere else rather than right next to the passenger seat. Almost every time car goes to a car wash, people cleaning the car accidentally press the button and car doesn't start. Needs resetting every time. Bad design.

Comfortable to drive, when it works.

Spacious seats. Comfortable back seats.

Since Daewoo bankrupted, its resale value dropped drastically. Blue Book value $2900 right now, bought it for $16,000 a total loss over 10 thousand dollars for 3 years.

Never ever again.

I wouldn't even buy a Daewoo radio to save my life. They are supposed to be a radio manufacturing company initially. Radio in the car sucks. Car itself sucks worse.

Review Date: 8th May, 2003

2nd Oct 2004, 14:09

But do you like the car?

1st Feb 2010, 13:35

Well Daewoo is my first & last choice in terms of buying cars. Don't know about radio, but the radio of my car was amazing. Never given me any problems, but I replaced it cause I needed a CD player in my car (Daewoo Matiz). DAEWOO FOREVER for me.

1999 Daewoo Leganza SX from North America

Previous carToyota 4Runner

Summary:

Horrible car runaway from it

Cam Sensor replaced 4 times so far, Breaks need to be replaced every 8,000 miles, allignment horrible, windows leak, fuel pump leaks even when fixed, too many things to mention. I am not complaining, but to anyone wanting to get this car BE WARNED RUN AWAY DO NOT BUY/RENT/LEASE a DAEWOO.

General Comments:

I would not wish this car on my worst enemy!

Review Date: 8th May, 2003

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 2.2 from Puerto Rico

Most recent year of ownership2002
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Dangerous

Transmission support, air conditioner (compressor)

Major system failure; ABS doesn't work, causing vehicle to loose control. Oil gasket for manifold cover leaks.

General Comments:

I loose control of the vehicle when front brakes failed, causing the car to spin out of control impacting the middle lane separation wall.

Recently another car caused a deadly accident and it was determine a front brake failure was the main reason.

Review Date: 21st April, 2002

1999 Daewoo Leganza from North America

First year of ownership1999
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission Don't Know
Previous carDaewoo Leganza

The door handles have chipped off at least three different times, and were replaced under warranty.

The car has locked up and a part was ordered to replace this.

We've had the car in the shop on three different occasions, as it stops running as you are driving, with no warning. Also, it will only start up after 5-6 attempts. And I told by the manager that this is not a safety issue. Which I disagree, as it has stopped in the middle of intersections and I could have been killed or caused accidents. Service department cannot figure out why.

General Comments:

In general, when the car isn't in the shop, it is a pretty good running car for the money paid for it. However, I am very disappointed with the service department, as they appear to be very unknowlegeable about their own vehicle, and will not give you a loaner car while they keep your car in the shop!

Review Date: 18th July, 2001

14th Mar 2005, 13:15

I have a widowed neighbor who fell on bad times and could only afford this loser. The 2000 Daewoo Laganza is the worst peice of garbage I have ever seen. It's actually entertaining to see what materials they use to fabricate this auto. The transmission needed replacement after 20k.This auto should be taken on a c-130 and dumped in the Chosin Reservior. Please keep my neighbor in your prayers. She will certainly need it. Did I mention the paint job started peeling after 3 months!!