1994 Ford Aspire Reviews

1994 Ford Aspire 2 door 1.3 from North America

Distance when acquired120000 miles
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

You can't kill it!

Rear brake cylinders.

Cam cover gasket.

Fuel sending unit (replaced pump/sending unit assembly with junkyard unit ~$25 no problems)

Fuel tank started leaking only when filled all the way, because of rust/corrosion where pump assembly seals to tank.

General Comments:

This car was an absolute beast. Amazing gas mileage; 35mpg around town, 40+ mpg hwy.

Quite comfortable for such a tiny car, and a lot of cargo space with fold down rear seat and large hatch opening makes it easy to load and unload stuff.

Very dependable, really did nothing except basic tuneup, filters, oil changes and few things listed above in over 60K miles driven.

Great in the snow driven through blizzard without a problem.

Parts are relatively cheap when needed.

Car is very underpowered at 64hp, but has no problem maintaining highway speeds; can cruise 70-75 quite comfortably.

This was the cheapest car I've ever purchased, and cheapest to maintain by far. Never let me down, and started up EVERY time, even after sitting for long periods of time.

Review Date: 10th September, 2010

1994 Ford Aspire from North America

Year of manufacture1994

Summary:

Very reliable and cute!

Needed new belt in 2009 after the original was installed in 1994.

General Comments:

Great gas economy.

Would be best for a small person.

Very good when it comes to general driving.

Very cute car.

No problems except for the belt.. I've had it a year and a half.

Review Date: 21st March, 2010

1994 Ford Aspire from North America

Distance when acquired204000 kilometres

Summary:

Gutless and reliable

Almost nothing! Wear and tear mostly, belts etc.

Recent problems with the rear struts... told it has to be replaced.

Orange colour on the signal lights has worn off, so they're now mostly white, and brighter than my headlights.

General Comments:

I love my little car. It gets awesome gas mileage and runs pretty great even with my driving! It is gutless though (which is probably a good thing cause of my slight lead foot), but the reliability of it is amazing, it hasn't started only once, and I don't blame her, it was about -40 C out that day!

All I've really had to do is the general maintenance, oil changes and a tune up. The interior is pretty comfy, for me anyway, but I'm short, the back seat is not very spacious, but I'm surprised and impressed with the room my car has when I want to move things!

I would fully recommend this car to anyone on a budget!

Review Date: 12th December, 2009

1994 Ford Aspire 1.3 from North America

Year of manufacture1994

Summary:

Recommend to anyone wanting the best fuel economy that is not a 3 cylinder. I bought 2!!

Had to replace the EGR valve, and leaky gas tank.

No other problems, just normal upkeep...plugs, struts, brakes, tires, etc., etc..

General Comments:

Not a quick car but very reliable and maneuverable with great fuel mileage. I have stretched mine up to 53mpg!

Great cars for hydrogen retrofits too. I'm installing one.

The automatics get about 10mpg less, and they seem to suffer on the mpg in city driving, dropping as much as 14mpg.

Surprising room inside, but not much leg room for the driver.

Simple handy controls and shifter.

Review Date: 3rd October, 2008

1994 Ford Aspire 1.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 1.5L Manual
Distance when acquired119000 kilometres
Previous carMazda RX7

Summary:

Comfortable, reliable ride; Ford did something right!

This car was originally a Nevada car and was brought to Canada just prior to me purchasing it. Only think done to it was a new battery.

Fuel gauge hasn't worked since I bought the car. I know that the odometer can go 500+kms before I fill up.

Spent $1000 just over a year ago on a complete check up and tuning. Replaced all the brakes, new alternator, tires rotated etc.

Four months later the entire fuel system had to be replaced. New fuel pump, lines, tank. Spent another $1000 on it.

The paint is peeling badly on the bumpers.

Apart from general maintenance, this car leaks no oil and if you have the money and keep up with it, the car won't let you down.

General Comments:

The most common complaint is that this car is underpowered. I don't think it is, I find it has great pick up rides comfortably at 100km+.

Gas mileage is incredible, I average well over 40mpg.

The car is comfortable and impressively modern for one that is 13 years old. The seats are comfortable, the upholstery is still in tact and the ride is very smooth. If you drop the back seats you have a lot of cargo space (I'm a musician so this is great!).

The car handles and corners well, I find it amusing that the car is so high and the clearance in the wheel wells is so large, I was planning on lowering the car.

I'm only going to get rid of the car because the transmission is beginning to give me a headache.

Review Date: 2nd August, 2007