1999 Ford Taurus SE DOHC V6 from North America
1. Car sped up, then slowed down, sensor for transmission replaced.
2. Windshield wipers randomly trigger like it was possessed, replaced wiper switch.
3. Had the brakes replaced, car was shaking and the brakes squealed like an injured pig.
4. Needed a power steering pump, leaked fluid all over the driveway and could not turn wheel left to right. Then rack and pinion repair after that.
5. Replaced battery twice, battery would drain down. Still have not figured that one out, but winter is not here yet.
Over all I love the car, I gets good gas mileage considering I have put over 71000 miles on it. And the car has decent power
D.O.H.C V6, and still looks great. Will my next car be a Ford? Probably not.. I plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off, but reading all your comments; that could be right around the corner..
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 22nd November, 2004
9th Feb 2005, 00:28
I have owned Same car for 5 years now and I have had no problems with it. I have had to rplace the brakes, but it had 100,000 miles on it at the time. now it has 140,000 miles and no problems yeah like every car it does have an oil leak, but that's normal with this engine. I love this car with 140,000 miles still has just as much power as the first day.
7th May 2005, 17:10
I to have had my wiper switch turn on all by it self and with no warning. Call Ford I did. maybe they can do something. Ford told me that they have never heard of any Taurus doing that.