26th Mar 2016, 11:20

O2 is the chemical symbol for oxygen. The O2 sensor is part of the air-fuel mixture regulation system on your car.

It is located on the exhaust manifold/catalytic converter. It looks similar to a spark plug. You need to remove the engine top cover to access it.

Be warned that the sensor will be very hot to touch until the engine cools down.

17th May 2016, 12:46

My girlfriend has an 04 Barina XC. Bought second hand with 150000 km. Pretty solid so far until the throttle would randomly be completely unresponsive. We have had a new throttle body and pedal assembly put in and neither have made a difference. Sometimes it will go for two hours; other times it cuts out 4 times going around the block. All instruments and engine stay on; the throttle just does nothing. Turning it on and off fixes it temporarily. It doesn't seem to matter what temperature or what it is. Alternates between engine light and service light depending on its mood. The codes pulled from it relate to throttle or something in there. Have also been told the cat might be busted, but I'm not sure about that. Maybe the O2 sensor. I saw here something about the car being in an auto mode for the first two minutes until it reads from the sensor, so maybe that's the next option...

21st May 2016, 03:49

I suggest getting the fuel pressure checked.

After that, the various sensors become suspects, along with the ECU itself, or possibly an intermittent electrical connection.

24th Jun 2016, 07:40

Sorry for the delay, but thanks very much for the information!!!

1st Jul 2016, 07:05

Hi, my car is doing the same thing, did this fix the problem??

17th Aug 2016, 09:11

My daughter has a 2001 Barina, we have had intermittent limp mode and spanner/engine lights on for weeks. This seems to be worse when it is very cold, and sometimes it dies completely. Rough idling/shaking and loss of acceleration. Took it to a local Holden dealer for diagnostic tests and they said it needed a new computer. $1100.00. This has not worked, we have the same problem. Tried spark plugs, then coil pack, no change. Diagnostic still says cylinder misfire fault.

Seems to be a lot of this type of problem with these cars. Put me off Holdens for life. What has worked for anyone else?

25th Aug 2016, 09:08

Hi mate, could you explain how to do this in a bit more detail? Having this issue and being quoted 1000$ to replace/repair the computer.

Thanks, Pablo.

26th Aug 2016, 10:14

Hi. Could you please tell me how do you exit off Safe on the display? Because I've tried many ways, but cannot get it.

8th Sep 2016, 04:37

What did you use to open the black casing for the fuel injectors? And when this is opened, do I need a special tool to remove the fuel injectors?

Thank you.

6th Oct 2016, 03:31

Did you get a resolution to this one mate?