1990 Honda Accord EX-R 2.2 from North America

- Replaced rotors and pads, rotors are behind the hub making for a complex and lengthy brake job.

- Parking pin does not engage and car can roll away in park. I have to use the parking brake.

- Driver's window switch intermittently fails.

- Heater stuck on hot.

General Comments:

Great car has tons of power for what it is.

Handle and steering is tight.

Brake rotors are behind the hubs on this car, meaning you need to press out the hub to do a simple rotor change. This offers no real advantage except for a costly repair.

Interior is very nice and comfortable; one of its stronger points.

Definitely a good buy.

Review Date: 4th July, 2009

1990 Honda Accord LX 2.2 from North America

Summary:

It is the best transportation value in the history of automobiles

The only problem I have ever had is a failing alternator. I recognized the problem and replaced it before it broke down on me. Accords of that year had no dashboard voltmeter so I installed my own parts-store voltmeter below the steering wheel near my right knee. Now I can monitor my charging system and never fear another failed alternator.

General Comments:

It is the best production car ever built for reliability and longevity categories. If you take care of them, they will run for hundreds of thousands of trouble free miles.

Review Date: 23rd February, 2009

1990 Honda Accord LX 2.2 from North America

When I purchased the car, I replaced a top radiator hose because it was becoming fat and needed replaced.

Brake light, dummy light was on... I assume it was on because of low fluid... so I filled it, but it still stays on... all brake lights, and reverse lights work fine.

A/c doesn't work.

Needs a CV joint on driver front side.

Previous maintenance records for the car are as follows.

175,600 miles - new struts and shocks.

214,688 - new wheel bearing purchased.

221,324 miles - new radiator.

242,697 miles - new alternator, belts, and battery.

Besides that, only brakes, tires, and oil changes have been applied to the accord. All of the windows, door locks, mirrors, heater, gauges, fan speeds 1-5 all function correctly, automatic transmission selects gears promptly. There are a few things that I do not like about the car, but for 246,000+ miles some cars don't even last this long, so here goes.

NEGATIVES - road noise at 30mph+, car can become a little underpowered if you are carrying a lot of luggage or a couple passengers, gas mileage is "OK" at about 22mpg averaged, LX seems like it should offer a few more features, "compared to a Toyota Camry of similar and even past years"...so that's kinda disappointing, automatic seatbelts are tacky and turn chicks off LOL, could use more soft touch surfaces on the arm rests, but overall isn't bad for the year it was made.

POSITIVES - reliable, looks good "doesn't look dated", clear legible gauges, excellent build quality, great visibility all around, roomy trunk, great head and leg room for tall people, still has stock speakers, and all four work pretty good, cruise control feature.

Overall, I would recommend this car to someone who is on a budget or a college car, there is nothing particularly bad about this car. It has excellent build quality, reliability and durability. Looking for a cheap car without being cheap?... a 90-93 Accord is the way to go!!

Seats show 0 signs of wear and tear, thick carpeting, the interior build quality is just incredible for the year, price point, and mileage.

I drive my girlfriend's 1994 Accord, it's a better car in every way, but cost 5,000 more than what I paid for my 90 hehe. If you can afford a lil more, I would highly advise the 94+ model's, from what I can see they are a hair less in build quality compared to my 90.. but with 155,000 miles on the car, it runs mechanically like it just came off the lot.

MISSES.

Suspension problems / CV joints / rust /

HITS.

Handling / build quality / reliability / mechanical telekinesis / suspension setup /

Hope my review helped :)