1990 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 7 of 16

1990 Honda Accord EX 2.2L SOHC from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L SOHC Manual
Distance when acquired112000 miles
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Best Honda I have owned so far!!

Slave cylinder had to be replaced twice.

Heater knob replaced twice.

Speed sensor is currently out.

Drivers door would not open, had to buy a new door latch.

Trunk leaks when opened.

Besides all of these things going wrong i'm still happy with my Honda. I'm 24 and since I got my first car at 16 I have only owned Honda's!!!

General Comments:

This car has been so good to me, i'm very impressed with the performance. I'm now even more impressed after installing Header, Intake, full exhaust with a high flow cat, Brembo cross drilled rotors, H and R lowering springs, and much more.

This car is the only Honda I have owned for more than 2 years and I highly recommend it. It is a great car to make into a sleeper or just to cruise the freeway in.

Review Date: 17th January, 2005

1990 Honda Accord LX from North America

Engine and transmission Manual
Distance when acquired198256 kilometres
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Awesome Ride

The CV joints needed to be replace in 2001, along with alternator and clutch. Nothing has gone wrong since then. Usual wear and tear, changed the muffler, still in need of a new catalytic converter. Lighter never worked since I've had the car. Cassette player works when it wants, radio works great though.

General Comments:

The car is wonderful. Runs great, too bad the body isn't as reliable. Some of the paint is orange peeling and there is minor to major rust in some spots. other than that, the car is wonderful.

Review Date: 15th December, 2004

27th Nov 2005, 02:46

That's a bit high for a 90 Accord, they don't even Redbook for that much. 2 months ago, I bought a 92 5 speed Accord LX for $1100 Canadian with 329000 kms, licensed and inspected til April '06. The one you're looking at sounds to me like the asking price is about twice what it's really worth. Did you happen to see this at a used car dealer perhaps? I'd say the car is worth $1500 tops, and even that might be a bit high, especially with rusty quarter panels and lines in the windshield, which I take to mean cracks. How rusty are those quarter panels? If there isn't much rust, you may just be able to grind away what you see, spray it with primer then paint over it. A windshield from a junkyard would probably run you $100 bucks or more, and installation would probably also cost around $100. An alignment would be about $50, not counting any parts you would have to replace. So right away, you can see it'll probably need $300-400 dollars of work or more, and that's assuming you don't find anything else broken. If you still have your heart set on this car, go back to the person selling it, point out it's problems and be sure to mention repair costs, then ask him the lowest amount he would accept for the car. If he/she won't go any lower than $1800 or so, be prepared to walk away, and do so if necessary. There's bound to be other Accord in better shape for less money. Shoot me an email sometime jason.bright@gmail.com

1990 Honda Accord LX 1.5L from North America

Engine and transmission 1.5L Manual
Distance when acquired122000 miles

Brake lights became inoperable, I had to hot wire the brake lights off the battery.

Speedometer kicked in and out.

Valve cover gasket leaked.

General Comments:

This would have been a great car, except it was rear ended before I got it. I believe this led to electrical problems, and once a car has such troubles, they are difficult to fix.

Since I jerry rigged the brake lights, and could read the tachometer to figure out how fast I was going, I left the car as is until able to fix it. She ran like this for over a year, and wouldn't break down, as well as got pretty decent gas mileage, around 30 miles per gallon.

It served its purpose, getting me to work and back, and I will miss it. However, it was stolen last night, and being on the Mexican border I doubt I'll see it again. You'd think a locked 15 year old car would not be a target of car thieves, at least I didn't, but I was wrong.

Review Date: 19th October, 2004

27th Nov 2005, 02:54

You do know your engine is a 2.2, not a 1.5, right?