1990 Honda Accord Reviews - Page 6 of 16

1990 Honda Accord DX Sedan 2.0 from North America

Model year1990
Year of manufacture1990

Summary:

All in all, best first car I could ever imagine!

I had to replace the CV joints, the driver door got jammed closed, and the exterior rear view mirror (my only one) snapped somewhere inside. I was unable to see anything other than the road next to my car, but it stayed on, didn't snap off. The shocks broke, but that's my fault. Also had a hole rust through the exhuast system before the muffler, but I don't blame Honda since my car lived at Santa Monica for 13 years before I received it. That's what salty air does. Fair enough really.

General Comments:

This is by far one of the most reliable cars I know. The only time I ever went to a garage to repair it was to fix my CV joints. (I refuse to go to dealerships. A friend has a 2001 Jeep and in less than 6 months has paid over a grand in repairs, on a car sold as a "Certified Pre-Owned") I have driven my car harder than any car owner I know, let alone a Honda owner, and it has survived my beatings. I have off roaded it (yes, dirt trails and mud) and the only thing that gets hurts are the tires and the shocks. I'm a terrible owner, I know, but this car and it's absolute bomb-proof engine are beyond wonderful. It's fast enough to make it through traffic, hauls all my stuff and other people well enough, gets 26 mpg and 32 mpg on the freeways, and had (shocks, remember?) awsome handling for a mid-size fwd sedan. The brakes heat up and fade very quickly, but stopped wonderfully when car is light. Weight heavily affects performance, but it'll pull through. Inside still new-condition, nothing broke and everything feels solid. If taken better care of, it could last more than 150,000 miles more.

Review Date: 18th November, 2005

1990 Honda Accord EX Four-cylinder gas from North America

Model year1990
Engine and transmission Four-cylinder gas Automatic
Previous carHonda Civic

Summary:

Warning: Honda sucks!!

Transmission never hesitated to give us problems (after all, it's a Honda).

Rust in several places.

Interior fell apart very easily.

General Comments:

To those who know cars, Honda is known for several things: weak transmissions, cramped and flimsy interiors, lack of personality, and poor build quality. The Accord never hesitated to prove those stereotypes correct. In my book, Honda is one of the worst makes. Period. Don't waste time with this overpriced garbage. A Kia or Hyundai offers better build quality, more features, a better warranty, and a better price than any Honda ever has.

Review Date: 5th February, 2005

25th May 2006, 22:18

Honda rules, but maybe it is because I come from a Honda family. Mom: 1970 Civic, 1985 Prelude, and 1997 Civic, which still runs beautifully. Dad: many domestics bombing out at 4 yrs or less until a Honda Pilot, brand new. Has yet to see a shop. We don't change cars until we put about 200,000 miles on them. I myself own a 1990 Accord and put roughly 45000 on it, annually. Yes, I really do drive THAT much (beach, mtns, downtown, etc.). I have blasted through more mud and dirt than any H2 or majority of Fords and Chevys, and with the exception of replaced CVs, have yet to have any visits to a shop as well. Maybe you just got a bad CIVIC??? (Accord page dude). Oh! Here's an idea, next time write up a review how much your 1984 Toyota keeps falling apart. They'd love that.

1990 Honda Accord 2.0 from UK and Ireland