1994 Honda Accord EX 2.2 liter vtec from North America
A 94 Energizer Bunny with year's of b.o. under its arms haha!
137,000 miles - Clutch blew.
138,000 miles - A/C finally died :P.
139,000 miles - Front right CV joint starting clicking, so that was replaced.
142,000 miles, heater blower motor failed.
Random minor problems - driver window has slight stick when rolling up, nothing major by ANY means, still goes up 1/2 the time all the way without any help.
Exhaust was knocked loose after dumbass at woodman's didn't properly do his job, AKA we had to pay for a new exhaust.
Heater takes about 12 minutes in winter time to warm up the car... but it's Wisconsin so it's colder than most places, so I'll give the car some credit here hehe :D.
For weighing over 2,800 lbs and being a mere 4 cylinder, this car has some quite good low end torque if you hold it till redline in 1st... but quickly going through gears it's simply an economy car at best.
Rather then write a huge paragraph, I'll just give you 5 pro's and con's IMO about this car :)... "1994 Honda Accord Coupe 5 speed 4 cylinder vtec" the con's are VERY minor and in no way would subject me to purchase a diff car. ^^
1. The fastest windshield wiper speed could be a bit faster.
2. This car has the firmest front seats I've ever sat in; they are comfortable, but take some getting used to.
3. The trunk lid and doors are a tad heavier than most cars to shut and close.
4. The heater/air duct routes don't always send heat to the places they should sometimes.. It's like a maze, sometimes hitting buttons on the HVAC to make air spit out to the right places LOL.
5. This isn't a sports car, so the gears can be kinda notchy to catch.
1. The SUSPENSION! This car has the double wishbone suspension setup; it's IMO the best suspension in any car I've ever been in.
2. Gauge/HVAC layout; simple, attractive, and functional.
3. The interior materials; this car is a 94 and STILL puts a lot of cars to shame for its overall materials inside. It's surrounded in beautiful leather tan/brown, and every time I hop in it, it just feels so much newer and updated than a 94. I recently rode in a BRAND NEW 2008 Toyota Camry SE, and I like the Accord's interior better! :D.
4. Stock speakers, yup! That's right, it still has the stock speakers from 94, they are just terrific for stock and I hope to never trade them for newer one's :).
5. This car doesn't do any one thing GREAT... except maybe the suspension. BUT overall this is a solid vehicle that delivers on all aspects... gas mileage.. reliability... comfort.. visibility.. ergonomics... this car with 148,000 miles feels like it just came off the parking lot dealership... it's a damn Honda!! What do you expect haha!
In closing, if you can get your hands on one of these... I would say go for it! I've had many American cars, and the Japanese cars ARE better! Do yourself and others a favor, and buy a Honda or a Toyota :D.. hope this review helped out :D.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? Yes
Review Date: 2nd June, 2008