1994 Honda Civic Reviews - Page 6 of 22

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1994
Engine and transmission 1.6 litre VTEC Manual
Distance when acquired122000 miles

Summary:

Best car ever

The biggest problem I have is with rust; the darn thing is rusting everywhere, so go to Florida (or somewhere with no salt) to avoid this.

The exhaust seems to rust out every 2 years. Besides that, all I've had to replace are the radiator, distributer cap, and the A/C, which was broken when I bought it.

This car is resiliant and more reliable than many newer cars.

General Comments:

Pros: Highly reliable and attractive looking car. I got a black coupe with tinted windows, a Vtec engine, and a 5 speed for $3,200.00, and thought I was the luckiest man alive.

I'm about to graduate from college and thought of upgrading to a BMW or Mercedes, but I don't think I could let the car go. It's no Porsche, but it can keep up with traffic easily.

I love the exhaust tone and the interior is classy and still contemporary. The car looks new to this day, and people have asked if it's a 2001.

The mileage is the best part, and I can get everywhere without losing half of my pay cheque at the pump.

For value, a '92-'95 Civic will look good, perform well, and is cheap.

Review Date: 27th April, 2008

28th Apr 2008, 16:06

Agreed. decent cars. If you want a BMW then go for a late 90's 3 series coupe :)

28th Apr 2008, 17:59

Yup, your right man, the 1994 Honda Civic is the best car ever.

14th Jan 2009, 02:20

I also have a 1994 Honda Civic Si coupe, it is extremely reliable. Mine has a few modifications as well, such as full exhaust system, header, intake, and reflashed computer (speed limiter removed), short shifter, and lowered 2 inches plus many other suspension modifications.

The car makes 125 horsepower stock, maybe 135 now if I'm lucky. I think that your statement about being faster than new Sis is absurd, a new Si has 197 hp, and runs 14.9 in the quarter mile. My car with those modifications plus good driver pulls off a 16.0 quarter mile time. Stock is (16.6). Unless you're talking about newer Sis such as 1997 models that have the exact same engine but heavier body. The only way you are faster than a new Civic Si.. is if you have swapped the engine with an Integra vtec engine such as a b18c. Or you have a turbo or supercharger.

1994 Honda Civic esi 1.6 16v from UK and Ireland

Model year1994
Year of manufacture1994
Engine and transmission 1.6 16v Automatic
Previous carPeugeot 306

Summary:

I just love this car

Nothing it just go and gos.

I wich I brought one sooner it allways put a smile on my face.

General Comments:

Yer the car is fast when pushed.

When I took it on a race track it done 130mph flat out so for a standard, 1600 16v is good (threes not Marney 1600 what can do that.

People say Honda is Overrated I don't thick so try leaving with a Carlton or a 306 that's what I call rubbish. AND YES I HAVE I HAD BOTH AND OTHER CARS.

Review Date: 11th February, 2008

23rd Jun 2008, 17:30

Hi there.

I have got something not right with this car now.

When you start the car, there's a rattle coming from the engine, but when it is hot you don't hear it.

Any one know what this is?

24th Jun 2008, 09:08

Try the esi's bigger brother the Vti; now that's a quick car for a 1.6 liter. It has been taken off the clock at 145mph, but I don't think its accurate, though.

24th Jun 2008, 17:36

The rattle is likely the exhaust manifold heat shield, which is made of thin aluminum. Over time, the aluminum gets a few cracks or loosens from the cast iron manifolds. So it will rattle until the car warms up. Not a big deal, and trust me- every Japanese car I've owned did this. Won't hurt a thing.

25th Jun 2008, 16:17

24th Jun 2008, 17:36 comment.

Thank you for that, I'll get it checked out.

21st Aug 2008, 06:03

24th Jun 2008, 17:36.

I took it to the garage and got it checked out; you were spot on.

Thank you.