2003 Honda Civic DX-G from North America

Summary:

I'll be taking it back and getting a new one if my problem isn't fixed

The alternator died after only two weeks of owning the car. The dealer replaced it under manufacturers warranty, but I still question why, with only 60k on the car, would the alternator be shot.

The gas mileage is horrible on this car. I'm getting 20 mpg in the city, which is about 15 mpg lower than it should be. The dealer checked it out and said they couldn't find any leaks or problems. Why didn't I just get an SUV if I'm getting this kind of mileage?

General Comments:

I enjoy driving this car as it handles pretty good.

The seats are fairly uncomfortable, but they are manageable.

Pickup on this car is slow, but you can't expect much from a 4 cyclinder engine.

Due to the horrible gas mileage on my particular car, if the dealer can't fix the problem, I'll plan on trading it in for a different civic.

I know Honda has a good reputation for reliable cars, but it looks like I've picked up a lemon.

Review Date: 16th May, 2006

2003 Honda Civic type r 2.0 16v from UK and Ireland

Summary:

Quick if you drive like you've stolen it

Getting very uneven tyre wear on back tyres.

Very noisy.

General Comments:

The car is only quick if you keep it in the 6-8000 rev range, Not much torque otherwise.

Review Date: 12th May, 2006

19th May 2010, 17:08

Vtec is like having 2 engines. Rev it and it's a racing engine that can shift, and keep out of the vtec zone, and it's economical, happy days.

2003 Honda Civic LX 4 cylinder. from North America

Summary:

Excellent buy for student or practical-minded individuals

After 3 years - Driver's side power window motor was replaced - It was going up slower than the passenger side. This was covered under my extended warranty.

After 3 years - Front marker light (not the headlight or signal light) went out.

General Comments:

This has been a great car for remedial city life: Driving to and from work, odd weekend road trips etc etc. This car was not meant for speed or aggressive driving, but can be pushed from time to time.

Great gas mileage.

No major headaches and is very economic.

There is very much something to the reasoning behind Honda selling so many of these cars year in and year out.

Review Date: 4th March, 2006

2003 Honda Civic DX 1.7 from North America

Summary:

Cheap built quality

Interior door trim separated from door panel.

Dashboard is substandard quality.

Paint peeled of from front grille while using high pressure washer.

Rust appeared in first year on the door hinges, roof and trunk.

Honda repainted trunk deck-lid and front grille.

General Comments:

I really tried to like this car, after all it's a Honda.

This car is no fun to drive for any extended period of time.

The seats are uncomfortable, road noise intrudes into the cabin and passing a Truck on a two-lane country road is putting ones live a risk.

This car is underpowered with an automatic transmission.

I regret having bought this car, built quality is not what I expected from a Honda.

The only good thing I have to say about this car, is that I was always treated fairly by the dealership.

Review Date: 16th February, 2006

2003 Honda Civic DX from North America

Summary:

I'm very disappointed and may never buy a Honda again.

1.All four interior door panels had to be replaced because of some defect with the glue - within the first year the material on the door started puckering and peeling off the plastic interior.

2.The left speaker had to be replaced twice in the first year and a half that I owned the car.

3.Several clips that hold the plastic flush with the car interior, broke leaving plastic posts between the doors disconnected from the car interior.

4. A sensor (I can't remember what type of sensor - it caused the check engine light to come on) was defective and had to be replaced.

General Comments:

It seems like the interior is really cheap. I owned a 1991 Civi hatchback for 14 years and 222000 miles. The interior held up nicely, but this 2003 Civic interior does not seem very sturdy.

I've been to the dealer at least nine times for nagging little problems (defective glue on interior door panels, defective speakers, defective sensor, defective interior panel clips).

Review Date: 7th November, 2005

10th Jan 2006, 13:02

I too have an '03 DX, but it is a coupe.

No problems to date except for the plastic cover under the steering wheel had to be replaced. A service tech broke it while it was in service for an oil change.

My 91 4door had 260K when I sold it last fall.

I am a Honda owner for life.