"You can have my CRX when you can pry it from my cold dead hands." This is how I feel about my car.
The day I finally found my CRX Si was one great day! I had been looking all over for a car like this ever since I saw one. I just got my Rex about 6 months ago, and it's all around a great car. I was lucky, I got mine for $5.5k, with 58k miles, no rust, great interior/exterior, sunroof, stereo. It's a white 91 Si. Anyway, I had always wanted one, why?
1. Great gas mileage - 30mpg in the city, 40mpg on highway --- with an Si (sport version)! The HF will have better mpg (like a Geo Metro, only the Metro is ugly).
2. Space, space, space. As a college kid, I need hauling power. The Rex has tons of room, considering that it's a hatchback. All my college stuff fits in the car. Clothes, computer, books, some new furniture. It's freaky.
3. Great handling. Taking turns at high speeds, and knowing that the car won't flip, spin, or go out of control. It's a great feeling, weaving in and out of traffic, because the car is so tiny you can fit anywhere. Good for the highway and parking.
4. Free revving engine. Even with 108hp, the car pulls all the way to redline in every gear. Makes driving to the mall feel like a episode of Knight Rider. Hehehe. The car is very, very, quick. You have very little weight and lots of power. You will beat many cars off the line with a stock Si. I let a friend --- a very good friend who races motorbikes, drive the Rex once. I believe the quote was "Holy sh*t! This car accelerates like a Ferrari." I just smiled and nodded.
5. Two seater. It's just you and your girlfriend/boyfriend and a lot of gear.
6. Insurance companies like it. I'm paying 600 a year (I'm 18 and a male).
7. Safety. I have seen some pretty sick pics of Rexes in crashes that the passengers survived -- even with the 2 passengers and a 3rd (riding on top of the cargo bin in the back).
8. The CRX community. Any problem you have can be answered correctly, so you don't look like an ass in front of the Honda mechanics.
9. Upgradability! If you get the Rex, you will want to modify it. There are tons of ways to go. You can get the ZC engine (Japanese model of the CRX) or an Integra engine. There are tons of body kits. You can make your Rex into a high performance vehicle (a few mods and you can beat the newest cars) or just a show car.
10. Also, remember that CRX's are sooo rare. I would never sell mine, and I will probably buy another.
11. All Rex owners love their cars. People in CRX's wave to each other on the road, go to expo's, etc. If you can't do that, then the CRX ain't for you.
12. Honestly, with the Suburban, Escalade and other huge SUV's out there, the small sporty car ain't safe. Just have to be extra careful...
Click on model reports. You can get in-depth safety info there or try.