2002 Honda Odyssey ELX from North America

General Comments:

We just purchased this minivan from a dealer. It was a trade in from another customer who stated "the transmission was going out", but when the mechanic inspected it, they could see or hear nothing wrong... but listed it at 1/2 book value for a quick turnaround sale. We drove it hard on a long test; it drives perfect and passed another mechanical test.

After reading all of the reviews, it seems that you either got the lemon or you didn't. This transmission was never replaced; that we can see from Honda or mechanic's records. We are hoping that it was one of the lucky ones that made it past 60K miles before blowing. We are planning to keep the car; just seeking out some happy owners who have had theirs, to see how high the mileage has gotten without replacing the tranny.

Review Date: 29th April, 2013

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Nice features and fairly reliable - I would suggest Toyota over it

CD player.

Part of the suspension.

General Comments:

Comfy seats with nice configurations. Appreciate the folding seat in the rear.

Cheaply made compared to our 2002 Toyota Sienna.

The ride is rough and also loud.

Review Date: 10th July, 2011

2002 Honda Odyssey LX from North America

Summary:

Good car, lousy transmission

At 150,000 miles the transmission quit shifting, and the D light kept flashing on and off. Dealer said I needed a new transmission at $2,800.

The auto sliding door quit working at 125,000 miles, and the Honda dealer replaced a motor for around $400.

Review Date: 11th November, 2010

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Never thought a minivan could be fun to drive!

Nothing has gone wrong so far. Only some expected maintenance repairs (brakes, shocks, etc.)

General Comments:

This van has been amazing for us. My wife and I have 2 kids, have never owned a minivan, and thought we would test the waters with a used minivan to start with before investing a lot of money on a new one in case we didn't like owning one.

We bought the van 2 years ago with 160,000 miles, and have since racked up almost 40,000 problem free miles on this incredible van. It drives great, and accelerates and corners surprisingly well for a minivan. We will buy another Honda Odyssey for sure, but not before we can see how many miles we can get out of this one!

Review Date: 3rd September, 2010

2002 Honda Odyssey LX 3.5 from North America

Summary:

Very disappointed with this product

I went to pass a vehicle and floored it, and it stayed floored. I had my whole family in the van and almost piled it up. I first used the brakes, which worked for just barely only once, then turned the key to kill the engine while in drive and coasted to the side of the road. Honda dealer said they have never seen this happen before!

Review Date: 23rd May, 2010

2002 Honda Odyssey EX - leather from North America

Summary:

Disappointed in quality

Purchased 2002 Odyssey EX-L used with 22k in May 2005. In Sept. 2005, about 25k miles, the transmission went out on highway at 65 mph, lost control of car but able to skip 3 lanes over to shoulder to stop. Would not go in gear until I turned the engine off and restarted. Put in Honda dealer for 3 days, got free rental car paid by Honda, and a new transmission.

General Comments:

Comfortable seats.

Great cargo capacity.

Honda replacement battery not strong enough from dealer.

Review Date: 16th March, 2010

2002 Honda Odyssey EX 6 from North America

Summary:

Avoid. Mine is a money pit

Transmission. Slipped. Failed. Nearly got rear ended. 40,000 miles. Replaced. Out of warranty. Did all service for transmission that owners manual said. Skimpy help from dealer. Paid $3000 US Dollars.

Transmission Failed. Slipped. 78000 miles. Would hardly move. Dealer and Honda corporate would not help. Paid $4000 US Dollars. Still did all transmission fluid changes like owners manual said. Transmission puked.

Both rear window motors failed. Cost $600.

Power Doors. Roller broke both sides. Dealer $800 for one. Other not fixed.

Power window on door. Would not move. $500 dealer repair.

AC heater fan resistor. $300.

AC compressor failure $3000.

Evap system failure $300.

Engine mounts $700.

EGR failed. $400.

Left wheel bearing $200.

Regular maintenance thousands over the years.

Money pit. Priceless. I could have bought an old Jaguar if I wanted to spend so much.

General Comments:

Too unreliable. Did maintenance the way the owners manual said.

I paid so much that I am personally financing dealer's Rolex, foreign vacation and so forth.

Money pit. Cannot depend on it. Avoid.

Chances of buying another Honda are zero.

Review Date: 4th March, 2010