1998 Hyundai Accent sedan from North America
If someone tries to sell you this car, run!
- The fan that blows air into the car from the heat/ac died. That would have cost $350 to replace.
- The front passenger door handle snapped off.
- A few months later, the front driver door handle broke off.
- The axles needed replacing.
- The engine block split.
- Transmission was bad.
- Brakes were bad.
- Frequently stalled, even when driving down the road at 60mph.
- Engine needed flushing.
There car needed so many repairs that the decision was made to junk it.
The sole redeeming value about this car was gas mileage.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 28th February, 2008
3rd May 2011, 20:10
Sounds like you never did routine maintenance on this bullet-proof car. Each and every car requires daily maintenance.
5th May 2011, 14:38
Driver's door handle broke, and later my 2 back door locks broke in a space of 1 week. We do not handle the car roughly at all. The car stalls occasionally. It may be something to do with the timing. I had to replace the engine also after the crankshaft wore out the bearing.
I've owned previous older high mileage cars that don't require these kind of repairs. These cars are definitely not built to last. You have to replace parts often.