2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 from North America

Summary:

Great for the money and very durable

Water pump went today... that's it!

Ball joints replaced under a factory recall.

General Comments:

It's our first SUV. It's not huge.. but has great space inside for moving stuff.. it feels solid on the road, even in rough storms. Plenty of power.. very quick.. makes the best u-turns!

Radio sucks.. seats are average. Wish it got better gas mileage.

We own two other cars... but this is the one we drive long distances.

My wife rear ended a Cadillac who cut us off... and while the trunk of the caddy was in its back seat after the accident.. our Liberty only sustained minor damage. I was glad she traded in in the Elantra, even though the Elantra had less miles and was a newer vehicle.

We plan to give it to our daughter in 2 years when she starts driving.

It has been very reliable. I haven't ever replaced anything until today when the water pump went out on us. (unless you count the battery.. brake pads...)

Still using original wires and plugs...

Great vehicle. I'd buy another.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2009

2003 Jeep Liberty CRD 2.8 turbo diesel from Luxembourg

Summary:

Great car for my money. Love it

General Comments:

I love my Jeep.

I must admit that I am very comfortable in the leather seats. I drive 200 km each and every day on the highway, cruising. A/C is working perfectly as well as the stereo/radio installation.

Besides my car never let me down and is very reliable. I have my JEEP inspected by a professional every 6 months in order to keep the engine healthy and on top of its performance.

It's a JEEP, not a Rolls Royce. If you make the choice to purchase a JEEP, you'll drive a JEEP! Sure, it vibrates while you're driving, but always remember: if you want a smooth, luxurious and really fast car, get yourself a Cayenne ;)

Oh by the way, I forgot: My next car is going to be a... JEEP.

Review Date: 10th December, 2008

2003 Jeep Liberty 3.7 from North America

Summary:

It is a great car

Fuel filter needed to be replaced, but besides that I love my Jeep Liberty 2003; it is an amazing small SUV. I would buy another one.

General Comments:

This a good car; I love mine. It's too bad others don't like theres, they must drive it hard and not take care of it. Mine is still good, and I have nothing bad to say about the Jeep.

Review Date: 20th November, 2008

2003 Jeep Liberty 2.5 from Egypt

Summary:

Pretty good car, but lacks primary options

The part time lamp is always on, knowing that I wasn't using the four wheel drive, lots of electricity problems.

The handbrake gets stuck.

Bad stability in curves.

Lacks lots of options.

General Comments:

The engine power is not what I expected at all. I had a 2.5 1993 Jeep before owning the Liberty, and my old Jeep had a much powerful engine (don`t know why, both are 2.5).

It also had lots of options, while this Liberty is really poor from the inside. My old Jeep had electronic windows, mirrors on the sun blocker on both the driver and passenger sides with light. I really wonder why this Liberty doesn't have any of these comfortable options, they should be standardized.

Other than that, the car is really good. It`s a bit pricey, but it`s a very reliable car.

It also has a very good air conditioner.

The seats are comfortable.

There`s lots of space in the cargo.

Good exterior design.

Review Date: 5th November, 2008

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition 3.7 Litre from North America

Summary:

Might be a lemon that quit after 100,000 miles

The heat worked on and off, stopped in a repair shop and the serpentine belt had snapped, and there was anti-freeze spraying all over the engine.

Now it just stalled (3 weeks ago). Nobody can quite figure out what is wrong with it... So it's decided I need a new engine. $2500. Wow for a fairly new auto.

General Comments:

I enjoy the zippiness, but was not prepared to replace the engine. I haven't even had it for a year!!

Review Date: 23rd June, 2008