2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7 litre from North America

The only thing I found wrong with this vehicle is that it skips or runs rough when cold - had it into the dealer twice now and still have same problem. They think it is a valve issue - changed plugs, flashed the computer e-prom, etc, but still rough. Smoothes out when the temperature goes up on the engine. Can anyone help or am I stuck with a lemon? My Impala sure never ran this bad.

General Comments:

Nice vehicle if it ran OK when cold!!!

Review Date: 28th September, 2007

2004 Jeep Liberty 3.7 from North America

Summary:

Very dissatisfied with what I thought would be a good car

The front passenger window fell into the door while driving.

One week later, the rear passenger window fell into the door while driving.

All of the doors and windows have squeaked and rattled since the vehicle was about 8 months old.

General Comments:

When I called the dealership about the problem, the service adviser said that the window regulator went bad, and that it was 375 dollars to fix the problem. I asked him what may have caused this problem, and he said that it's a common problem on the Liberty, and that he has seen all 4 windows go bad within a week.

I told him that this all sounded a little weird, and that these shouldn't have gone bad on a car that is only 3 years old, especially one week apart.

I then proceeded to call Chrysler customer service, and the adviser that I talked to said that he deals with this problem all the time, and that Chrysler knows of the problem, but he couldn't help me, because my car was out of warranty.

I proceeded to fight the company on this problem, and finally got them to fix only one of the windows, but I had to pay to fix the other.

I have had a bad experience with both the dealership and the company, and I will never own a Chrysler product ever again; I have now heard too many things that won't make me purchase another one.

Review Date: 9th September, 2007

25th Sep 2007, 12:22

Same problem with my Jeep Liberty. I've replace one window 3 times in 2 years and the other window once. It's my last Jeep (and it's for sale).

2nd Jul 2008, 18:45

Last year while still under warranty my left rear window regulator went bad. They fixed it because luckily I was about 500 miles under the warranty. I just walked out to my Jeep today on my birthday and what a present I got. The right rear window was down all the way. My wife and I don't even use it. I called the dealer and told them that I had the other side replaced last year but this one will be $336. I said to the guy, don't you think jeep has got a problem with this?

8th Aug 2008, 20:27

I own a 2004 Jeep Liberty.

My windows have fallen down a total of 15 times! I called Jeep and they told me the part has a one year warranty. The dealership tried to make me pay, but when Jeep got involved they have fixed them for free. If you buy the part and it breaks you have one year free of charge.

Of course my front window won't go up or down now and it's been a year and one month, and they want me to pay for it. No way! What to do? 15 times. Even if you get it fixed it will happen again! Every window at least 5 times wow! And I thought I bought a new car to avoid this kind of thing.

2004 Jeep Liberty from North America

Summary:

Very nice

The water pump had to be replaced at 31000 miles.

General Comments:

The jeep liberty has a very tight steering and turn radius.

I have driven 325 miles on a tank of gas in the city