1994 Nissan Altima Reviews - Page 6 of 10

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 2.4Liter from North America

First year of ownership1997
Engine and transmission 2.4Liter Automatic

Summary:

A great investment in more ways than one!

The CV joints on the right side of the car went bad.

I have lost 2 hubcaps and they also chip pretty bad.

I have had my distributor replaced twice (after getting a defective one first) along with a rotary button and fuel filter. (I think we have this problem fixed now.)

My cruise control went out.

My speakers busted, the radio volume knob fell off and the tape player spitted out tapes. I just went on and replaced all of the above.

General Comments:

I absolutely love this car! This is my very first car and I want to keep it forever. It is very fun to drive. It hugs curves so well and is so spunky. From a complete stop, it hops up and goes, beating most cars at the red light. My only complaint is the road/wind noise at highway speeds.

Review Date: 25th June, 2004

1994 Nissan Altima GXE from North America

First year of ownership1995

Summary:

Great bang for the buck

The car started rusting pretty bad - as all others Nissans do at this age. Few years back car had multiple electronics problems - windshield wipers, air bag light etc. Other than that, nothing major has occurred and car has excelled in every category.

General Comments:

Car is very comfortable and definitely something you can count on every day. It does the job excellently of getting you from A to B - its biggest advantage. Not very quick - the 4 cylinder engine takes its time to ramp up in speed. Good highway cruiser. Reliability has been A+ on everything in the car overall for the past 10 years.

Review Date: 25th June, 2004

3rd Nov 2004, 13:13

I am sorry. I beg to differ on your review on this vehicle. Perhaps you bought one that was "ragged out" or something of that matter. My Altima pushes 150+ HP and I have no problems racing Honda or Toyota without knowing that I will win. It gets up to speed plenty quick for its size. A 2.4 liter four-cylinder, DOHC, and 150HP?! You can't argue with a deal like that compared to Honda's Civic with only 127HP and single over-head cam...

1994 Nissan Altima GXE 2.4L KA24DE from North America

Engine and transmission 2.4L KA24DE Automatic
Previous carToyota Supra

Summary:

A very reliable car for the money

The car goes through starters fairly regularly.

The timing chain is slapping its cover due to a broken guide.

The valve cover gasket has had to be replaced.

The passenger window won't roll down.

General Comments:

My parents bought this car for me after I totaled my Supra. I wasn't very pleased at first, but it's proven to be a very good car. It's reliable and really isn't as slow as I thought it would be.

I've been very hard on this car and taken it to the local dragstrip fairly regularly and it's taken a year and a half for stuff to start wearing out.

My starter just went out and it's only been on the car for 3 months, I'm not sure if it's just my car or if all Altimas have trouble with the starter.

I'm considering purchasing another Altima, I'd like a '97 model with the 5 speed transmission (I can't stand an automatic).

Review Date: 5th June, 2004

29th Mar 2006, 11:40

Just a couple of things... I own a 1994 Altima GXE with 102,600 miles on it... Have only a few problems with this car since new. 1 new starter at 101,020 miles, distributer oil issue, and, 1 new alt. at 99,044 miles... yes, as it ages, things get worn, like the radio speakers that I had to replace, the power antenna cable, and the master door switch... I consider that normal and understandable for a car that is 12 years old... I am hoping to get another 100,000 out of it before it is retired, but, if the new altima looks good, it might be time for a trade... If you are looking for a reliable car, get the first gen car...