1994 Nissan Altima Reviews - Page 3 of 10

Previous carFord Escort

Car runs very rough when the engine is cold. 10 minutes to warm up, then runs fine. Occasionally bucks when driving, but generally OK. I've spent hundreds chasing gremlins like this.

Review Date: 6th October, 2008

First year of ownership1994
Most recent year of ownership1999
Previous carVolkswagen Beetle

Summary:

Excellent car

Nothing except brake work at 90,000 miles. This was the most reliable car I ever owned. Sold it to a friend at 110,000 miles and he ran it another 40,000 before he sold it only replacing starter, water pump, and struts.

General Comments:

Offered an excellent combination of fuel economy and peformance out of a 4 cylinder engine. 5 speed was far more responsive than the automatic and I got around 33mpg on the highway at a steady 70mph. This motor was around for years and used in the trucks so it was bullet proof.

Review Date: 5th February, 2008

1994 Nissan Altima gxe 2.4 from North America

Distance when acquired119000 miles
Previous carNissan Altima

Summary:

Low maintenance, reliable, better that newer models

I replaced outter rock&pinion boot, front passenger window motor, regular tune ups, reset airbag light myselft ever since I bought from some guy, but after that I haven't fixed nothing else.

General Comments:

So far it's been good and reliable.

Review Date: 30th August, 2007

1994 Nissan Altima GXE from North America

Most recent distance120000 miles
Previous carSubaru Impreza

Summary:

Love it - an affordable classic

Bought Car with 2 oil leaks

New Distributor Cap

New oil pans

New spark plugs/tune up

"jingle" sound near front passenger tire.

Total= $1,050.

Car purchase price= $1,800.

Total cost for car= $2,850 (pretty good deal, I think)

General Comments:

I bought this car as a solution to my commuting needs - I needed a car immediately as my school loans kicked in and I had to sell my other financed car. I couldn't be happier with my altima. After bringing it to a mechanic, I found that the 2 oil leaks would be costly to repair only because of the time (CA mechanics are extremely expensive!!). They quoted me 5 hours, and although I only paid for those 5, it took the mechanic 8 to fix. After a tune up and the needed repairs, I feel that spending under $3,000 for a used car with 116,000 miles isn't bad. The car itself is super comfortable, handles smoothly, and has some pickup even after 12 years. Its great on gas, and I'm thoroughly impressed. Its clear coat is gone, but I can't expect it to be very pretty after so many years and miles. I am sold on Nissans, and would love a newer one sometime in the future.

Review Date: 1st September, 2006

Previous carOldsmobile Delta 88

Summary:

Good: reliability, performance, and fuel economy,

Starter needed replacing at 108,000 miles, not unexpected as the previous owner had used a junk yard part.

Replaced spark plugs at 115,000 miles, gap was bad and water got in, otherwise they would have lasted much longer.

Replaced muffler and exhaust pipe at 125,000 miles, Minnesota roads use salt in the winter, 11 years of rust took its toll.

General Comments:

This car is quick for its class, performance is excellent when compared with fuel economy.

When I'm driving on the highway, I get 30-32mpg. In town it's lower 20's.

Seats are decently comfortable once you get used to them.

Felt small on the inside when I first purchased the car, now it seems to be plenty of room and I would not ask for any more.

I keep up with regular oil changes and this car has not failed me on anything serious. Everything that needed fixing thus-far has been normal for a car at any age.

Review Date: 13th April, 2006