2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 litre from North America

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima. I am currently experiencing a misfire on one cylinder or maybe more, I don't know. I am glad that I read this site, because I was not aware that the problem could be narrowed down to one cylinder with a test. I have to say that these are very easy to change, and I have found them online at Autozone for less than $70. For a mechanic to charge more than an hour labour to change these is robbery in my opinion. I changed out my sprark plugs in less than one hour, and I'm no pro.

Review Date: 3rd January, 2011

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0L from North America

Summary:

I won't buy another without Nissan fixing the ignition coil and other mysterious issues

For the past 4,000 miles, I have experienced intermittent engine ping and rough start. At times the car runs brilliantly, then without warning runs like a slug. Now the car will stall without warning. This is a very dangerous issues, as the car cannot be steered or braked without super strength. This is a safety issue, which state Attorney Generals need to get after. Shame on Nissan for allowing their reputation to be tarnished without fixing the issue. Profit from repairs must be too good for Nissan!

From reading the long list of 2000 Maxima owners ignition coil problems, I am changing all 6 and installing new plugs.

General Comments:

The car has been fun to drive and reliable.

Review Date: 13th October, 2010

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0L V6 from North America

Summary:

Beefy, but unreliable and poorly built

Ongoing failure of ignition coils, all must be replaced.

Mass air flow sensor failed at 70,000.

Fit and finish is awful; various trim components and seals continue to fall off the vehicle.

Cascading failures of oxygen sensors, combined with coils, and other ignition problems led to smog check failure. Parts and dealer repair is expensive!

Brakes have been serviced three times, still pulsate.

Clutch failed at 37,000 -- just out of warranty. Cheap!

General Comments:

Performance is solid.

Handles well.

Comfortable, but SE model is a little noisy and hard-riding for my taste.

Will never buy another Nissan -- they have never accepted that the widespread documentation of ignition system problems. This is a design issue, and should have been dealt with by Nissan. They have lost my business forever.

Review Date: 30th August, 2010

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 from North America

Summary:

Love it!

- Radiator Fan.

- Headlights.

- Gas Tank.

- Front Strut bearings.

- Oil Leak.

General Comments:

The car has ample power under the hood and has never left me wanting more. Just make sure to put premium gas in the car otherwise not only will you performance/gas mileage suffer, you'll also hear knocking from your engine.

All in all it's been a pretty good car. The seats are comfortable, even for me and I'm 6' 2". It was a huge step up from my previous Honda Civic. If you're considering a 2000/2001 try to get a 2002/2003 Maxima. They have more features and have the same engine as the Infinity G35!

Review Date: 29th July, 2010

2000 Nissan Maxima SE VQ30 from North America

Summary:

I think Nissan should've really upgraded the suspension and brakes on the 2000-2003 Maxima

This car is my life.. I only replaced the transmission due to high speed racing and all that stupid stuff.

Oil changed every 2500 miles; Mobil 1 fully synthetic.

I never had a problem with my CAT or anything else.

General Comments:

Perfect, it's a four door Nissan Skyline.

The acceleration is amazing since the first day I drove it from the dealer, and it has the same feeling.

Review Date: 29th January, 2010

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE from North America

Summary:

Not recommended

At 30000, miles replaced all 4 tires.

Replaced many items in the last 8 yrs.

The SES light is always on. Dealer says bad coils and it costs $800 for replacements.

Almost on average of $1500 every year.

Air sensors, battery etc. Most recent, at 70000 miles, 2 new tires and alignment and tie-rod replacements costs - $600.

Firestone mechanic says - Axle needs replacement also which is additional $300... the list goes on and on... I would never advise anyone to buy a Nissan.

General Comments:

High maintenance.

Review Date: 18th November, 2009