2000 Nissan Maxima Reviews - Page 10 of 25

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 3.0 V6 from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 3.0 V6 Manual
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Great until 90k, but what a disappointment after that!

Vehicle was great, as were many others that posted here, until about 90k. MAF was replaced, rear brakes replaced, #4 Coil replaced along with all plugs and wires, etc. Now, at 107,000 miles., SES light is on. I am being told that all three cats are bad (CA emissions on vehicle) plus all the O2 sensors and a code for #4 cylinder misfire. Um, about $3,500 to fix it all. The car had been great, but the repairs are becoming too costly to keep. Buy it and drive it up to about 90k then dump it. Really too bad. It was a great car.

Review Date: 17th December, 2007

2000 Nissan Maxima from North America

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission Manual

Summary:

Love the Maxima

Rear hub replaced.

Radiator replaced.

Rear Bose speaker blown.

Front struts blown.

Had acceleration problems - thought it was fuel part related / or sensors / or clutch / or timing /... ended up just being the MAF mass air flow device / it is a do it yourself part / car runs like a charm..

Review Date: 1st December, 2007

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 3.0 from North America

Previous carnissan maxima

(2000 Nissan Maxima GLE) Check Engine light on (124,000 miles). Auto Zone (free Diag test) Code P1320 came up. Took it to Nissan service So they could charge me $90.00 to tell me which coil needed to be replaced, instead they wanted to replace all six. I'm a female, they are trying to pull one over on me.. I tell them ONE.. finally I get the code from Nissan (which I had to pay $90 for) Code P0304 Cyl 4 Misfire and Code P0325 Knock Sen/circ-B1. Back to Auto Zone get a Coil for $70.00. P0304 is front and center, very easy to get too (once cover is off) Nissan service wanted to charge me $115.00 per coil x6= $696.00 plus a 3hr labor charge @ $90.00hr that's a total of $1000.00 Not to mention Nissan told me I had a oil leak, I said there is no oil in the driveway, Nissan replied well it's a small leak... NISSAN SERVICE SUCKS!!

AUTO ZONE is the way to go, anybody can change these coils. 3 in the front easy, the ones in the back a little more difficult to reach, but you can do it plus it saves you money.

Review Date: 31st October, 2007

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 6 cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 6 cylinder Automatic

The original error was #4 cylinder misfire. The dash display had Check engine soon and Slip and traction control off lights. I changed the coil and car runs fine, but the Check Engine Soon, Slip and Traction Control yellow lights are still on. The only Error code is P1320. Will changing the rest of the coils get rid of these lights and where do I go to get the best deal on replacement coils. Would later model, say 2004/ 2005 coils work on this model, maybe they would be more reliable.

Thanks.

Bill.

Review Date: 13th September, 2007

2000 Nissan Maxima GLE 3.0 from North America

Previous carNissan Maxima

Summary:

I love my car and would highly recommend it to anyone

Soon after it hit 99k miles, I had to replace the MAF sensor ($100.00 part on ebay, service free due to marriage vows). My research indicates that this is a very common problem on this model. The person I bought this from on ebay has sold about 25 sensors in the past 2 months.

I also have codes for ignition delay and O2 sensor. This is also very common on this model and I will replace once they start causing problems.

I replaced the starter at around 80k miles.

General Comments:

I love this car. This is my second Maxima and I would still be driving the first one, but it was totaled.

I love the look and feel of the Maxima. It is beautiful and has great pick up.

I do have to use high octane gas, but the gas mileage is great so I still come out ahead.

Review Date: 22nd August, 2007