2005 Nissan X-Trail SE Gasoline from North America

Summary:

We like the car very much except for the vibration

This car has had a pronounced vibration when stopping at a sign or red light from the time it was new.

General Comments:

This vehicle is excellent except for the vibration.

Review Date: 13th March, 2006

11th Jul 2010, 23:05

I have had that happen in previous cars; check the muffler or the piping. Sometimes it can come loose and it vibrates like a loud metallic pinging.

2005 Nissan X-Trail Elegance 2.2Dci from UK and Ireland

Summary:

A great buy

Nothing has gone wrong.

General Comments:

An excellent car for the price. I priced all the alternatives, and none matched the Nissan in terms of specification for the money (others looked at Toyota Rav4, Land rover Freelander, Hyundai SantaFe). The diesel takes about 7 l/100km (About 42mpg) which is pretty good, although mostly driven on the road, it has shown itself to be a decent off roader. The elegance model was worth the extra €3000 for the Leather Seats, 6 disc cd changer, Double Sunroof etc.

Review Date: 23rd January, 2006

2005 Nissan X-Trail X 2.5 gas from Colombia

Summary:

Good all around performer. Love the interior and exterior design much better than the Honda CRV

Nothing.

General Comments:

The X-Trail has a good engine and is quick off the mark. The handling is good although I would like it to be a bit softer. The brakes are awesome and is the best feature along with the centered dash which is very ergonomic and easy to see. Thus far I am getting about 25 km/gallon in city driving although I have stepped hard on it to test the engine a few times.

Seats are great and the AC is excellent. Finish on the car all around is very good. I think an automatic transmission with 5 speed will be better, but the 4 speed is not bad at all.

Lack of interior illuminations for some controls like lock, right front window is unacceptable and the gas opening latch is hard to get to unless you open the door.

A good all around SUV. I have not tested the 4 x 4 system yet.

Review Date: 8th October, 2005

21st Oct 2005, 19:46

I like your opinion. They are my thoughts exactly.

7th Jan 2006, 12:13

I agree with your comments too, I am very happy with my X trail.

I would only mention couple of things:

First, sunroof gets somewhat noisy, with minor squeaks, a bit unpleasant, Nissan dealer is not able to deal with.

Also trunk cover hooks are very fragile, they get easily broken.

Finally, After one and a half year driving this car I do not see the real point in putting the instrument panel in the middle of the dash. Makes no difference and is difficult to get used to, I would take it back to the usual place in next redesign.

2005 Nissan X-Trail LX 2.0 from Malaysia

Summary:

Fantastic and Value for Money

Nothing has gone wrong so far.

I'm impressed with its performance.

Very confortable and easy to handle.

Even with 2.0 L engine, it performs very well.

General Comments:

I would recomend strongly if thinking of buying a small SUV which has most of the features.

Review Date: 17th September, 2005

2005 Nissan X-Trail SE from North America

Summary:

I love this vehicle!

Nothing so far.

General Comments:

I wish there was an arm rest for the driver - the centre console is too low. When you are driving long distances you really wish you had one.

Side mirror (s) adjuster is in an inconvenient place - if you have to make adjustments on the fly your out of luck - it's safer to pull over.

Rear drink holders are a little flimsy - heavy drinks have a tendency to fall out rounding corners, and if you forgot to put it away - one kick would do it in I'm sure.

Fan noise in the car is a little loud.

Review Date: 29th August, 2005

2nd Mar 2014, 09:01

Update - Mar. 2nd, 2014: (I believe this is my original post...) Still doing well. No major problems that I can remember, except for some panel under the engine compartment, which came loose, but fixed with a few tie wraps.

17th Oct 2014, 13:25

Update - Oct 2014:

Still running great, but rusting quite a lot now. Not much of a concern since it is approaching 10 years without anything going wrong. We are looking for another Japan-assembled Nissan as a replacement when the time comes.