1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Reviews - Page 5 of 5

1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brougham 307 V8 from North America

Year of manufacture1983
Engine and transmission 307 V8 Automatic

Summary:

Reliable and Luxurious Car

Full body restoration at 120,000 miles.

Replaced diverter valve at 125,000 miles.

Replaced gas tank at 127,000 miles.

Replaced water pump, EGR valve, and two motor mounts at 130,000 miles.

General Comments:

I love this car. It is extremely comfortable. They don't make seats this comfortable anymore. It is especially fun to cruise on the highway. It rides like a dream and has great speed.

This car is also very reliable. In the 4 years I've driven it, including several trips of 6 hours or more, it has never failed me. All of the accessories work and have never failed, with the exception of the air conditioning, which probably just needs a refill, but on hot days I prefer driving with the window down anyway. The biggest problem is getting it to pass emissions in Virginia where the standards are far too strict.

The car has an immense amount of storage space. I can practically fit everything in my apartment into it. Its also very roomy and can fit 6 large people comfortably.

As big as it is, it has a surprisingly tight turning radius.

The body is nearly rust free and shiny, the interior is in very good shape and overall the car is mechanically sound.

I'd buy a newer car, but I'm sure it won't stack up to my Olds. This car is the total package.

At some point I am going to get this car fully restored and take it to shows. I plan on keeping it forever.

Review Date: 21st February, 2004

18th Aug 2007, 10:08

Pondering the decision to buy a 1983 Olds Royale with 83000 miles on it. 1 owner. Asking price $300. I'm buying it today and why not after reading the reviews of satisfied owners. Not sure of the little things that might go wrong since it has been stored for several years, but with the price I can still handle some of it. I need some good information on wheel size and suspension.

1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 royal broughm V8 regular from North America

Year of manufacture1983
Engine and transmission V8 regular Automatic

Summary:

Rusty, but trusty

Starter went when I didn't own it.

Seats are wearing out. The foam is.

Starting to show and I think I should.

Get some seat covers.

Altenator went and the belts keep.

Falling off now.

General Comments:

I think that these cars are a great bargain. They are big and roomy and well built I wish that I could afford a paint job because the paint really sucks and it always has sucked. Its all crackling and the car is starting to rust. If you have any tips please contact me at Fried_brains_2003@hotmail.com

Review Date: 11th February, 2003