1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 307 Y from North America

Summary:

Classie grocery getter

Defective motor, used oil from day 1 got progressively worse until 98,000 miles. Found.25" groove in #7 cylinder from a loose wrist pin, apparently the wrist pin clip was not installed at factory.

Transmission went at 145,000 miles.

Lock up torque converter had to be unplugged to keep from eratic shifting.

General Comments:

This car was in my family from day 1, my Uncle sold it to my father then my father sold to me.

My wife drove this car for 11 years and it has been an awesome ride.

Not the best on gas mileage, but a great car.

Review Date: 31st December, 2004

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Sedan 5.0L 307 V8 from North America

Summary:

Big, comfortable, American classic.

New intake manifold in 2003.

I recently had a new AC Delco engine, GM Good-wrench transmission, radiator, all hoses, new catalytic converter, new smog pump, new water pump, motor mounts and a dozen other engine accessories installed with factory new specifications and 50,000 warranty.

Car has 800 miles on new engine, as of November 2004.

Got AM/FM radio out of 79'Olds Cutlass.

General Comments:

Most comfortable car I've ever rode in.

I enjoy cruising rapidly over speed bumps without spilling my coffee. Speed bumps and driveway entrances feel like water wakes-nice.

I had the car painted in 2001. It's a beautiful sapphire blue. I call it green.

Bought new, stock Olds hub caps and new emblems from dealership.

Replaced windshield with new one.

New shift lever, door locks, cigarette lighter and door seals.

I bought a matching emperial blue throw pillow, to go with the motorized couch theme, as well as a dark blue blanket.

Review Date: 10th November, 2004

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 5.0L from North America

Summary:

A strong reliable granny mobile

Intake gaskets for the cooling system leaked at 105,000 mile and I have had to replace the fuel pump and thermostat at 95,000.

General Comments:

The interior of the the car is roomy and comfortable.

It handles well and rides smooth at higher speeds.

You gotta love the rear wheel drive.

However for a V8 it doesn't have much power or acceleration.

Review Date: 18th August, 2004

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale 307 V8 from North America

Summary:

I wish that my present new car had the comfort characteristics that this car does

Alternator.

Intake manifold gasket.

Rear wheel seal.

Brakes.

Recharged R-12 air conditioning.

Hoses.

A water pump every 50 to 60 thousand miles.

Replace the radiator week of June 7, 2004.

General Comments:

There is not a car on the road today that rides any better.

I own a 2004 Impala, it does not compare in seat comfort.

Review Date: 4th June, 2004

12th Dec 2009, 04:16

There is better car on the road today... F-150.

12th Dec 2009, 18:55

"There is better car on the road today... F-150."

Now if only that were a CAR.

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 LS 5.0 V8 from North America

Summary:

A 1985 oldsmobile delta 88 is

Well the passenger door will not open from the outside the trans. is a little choppy the sun blockers stay down and that's pretty much it.

General Comments:

The comfort level is the best I've ever drove in. one of the best cars that I ever driven, and never will give or sell it.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2004

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 royale 307 c.i. from North America

Summary:

Good for parts or a fixer upper either way

Other than a lot of front end damage, my car is still for the most part in one piece. It got hit by a deer, so the front end is toast.

General Comments:

When it was running it had very good gas mileage on the highway, mostly ran in town the last couple of years. A very reliable car.

Review Date: 29th October, 2003

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 307 from North America

Summary:

A nice Pimp mobile, with a great back seat!

Nothing really has gone wrong with the car, although it is sitting in a parking lot tonight waiting to be towed home.

Replaced front brakes recently.

Replaced tires recently.

Shocks replaced at 132,000 km.

General Comments:

This car is a tank, which is smooth riding and cheap to maintain, well other than the poor gas mileage.

I purchased the car off an older man about 8 months ago and since then I have put 25,000 km on her, and loved every one of them. Very reliable for a car which is so old, and other than the fact that it uses a lot of gas and tends to burn quite a bit of oil it is an awesome ride.

This car is very easy to work and and cheap to maintain (not that I have had to do much on it),a definite change from my previous car, a Suzuki Swift.

Although this car is no "corner carver" it is a nice ride, which is nice to cruise around in and even go off roading in!

This animal takes a beating and always comes back for more, its difficult to "break" this automobile, I am sure it will be around in my driveway for at least another year!

Review Date: 30th December, 2002

3rd Aug 2009, 21:49

In October of 2008 I purchased a 1985 Dr.Delta 88 Royale Brougham. I purchased the car from the original owner. I purchased it near Cleavland, Ohio. The car was always stored in a heated garage and never driven in the winter. The car was in incredible original condition and had accumulated only 14,700 miles! What a great automobile. It certainly isn't a corner carver, but what a great ride.

Jim Glutting