1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 LS 5.0 V8 from North America

Summary:

A 1985 oldsmobile delta 88 is

Well the passenger door will not open from the outside the trans. is a little choppy the sun blockers stay down and that's pretty much it.

General Comments:

The comfort level is the best I've ever drove in. one of the best cars that I ever driven, and never will give or sell it.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2004

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 royale 307 c.i. from North America

Summary:

Good for parts or a fixer upper either way

Other than a lot of front end damage, my car is still for the most part in one piece. It got hit by a deer, so the front end is toast.

General Comments:

When it was running it had very good gas mileage on the highway, mostly ran in town the last couple of years. A very reliable car.

Review Date: 29th October, 2003

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 307 from North America

Summary:

A nice Pimp mobile, with a great back seat!

Nothing really has gone wrong with the car, although it is sitting in a parking lot tonight waiting to be towed home.

Replaced front brakes recently.

Replaced tires recently.

Shocks replaced at 132,000 km.

General Comments:

This car is a tank, which is smooth riding and cheap to maintain, well other than the poor gas mileage.

I purchased the car off an older man about 8 months ago and since then I have put 25,000 km on her, and loved every one of them. Very reliable for a car which is so old, and other than the fact that it uses a lot of gas and tends to burn quite a bit of oil it is an awesome ride.

This car is very easy to work and and cheap to maintain (not that I have had to do much on it),a definite change from my previous car, a Suzuki Swift.

Although this car is no "corner carver" it is a nice ride, which is nice to cruise around in and even go off roading in!

This animal takes a beating and always comes back for more, its difficult to "break" this automobile, I am sure it will be around in my driveway for at least another year!

Review Date: 30th December, 2002

3rd Aug 2009, 21:49

In October of 2008 I purchased a 1985 Dr.Delta 88 Royale Brougham. I purchased the car from the original owner. I purchased it near Cleavland, Ohio. The car was always stored in a heated garage and never driven in the winter. The car was in incredible original condition and had accumulated only 14,700 miles! What a great automobile. It certainly isn't a corner carver, but what a great ride.

Jim Glutting

734 425-7522

Livonia, MI.

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal Brougham 307 V8 from North America

Summary:

It's a good old cruiser

Water pump went after first year of ownership.

Head gasket needs replacing.

Transmission is about to go.

Heater core needed to be replaced.

Electrical system keeps blowing fuses.

Sparks shot out of the passenger side, making my girlfriend freak out and never want to ride in my car any more.

New exhaust, but it's bound to happen to an 85.

Driver-side window doesn't roll down making it hard for the cops to give me tickets.

Replaced the radio with new technology, but still have stock speakers that pound.

Paint peeled off trunk and parts of hood.

That's about it. Pretty easy to fix all of these problems and I hope that they stay easy.

General Comments:

This car has never let me down.

I think it's seen more action than my bed, probably because it's more comfortable.

I want a new car, but I think this one will stay with me.

Maybe I'll rebuild it and give it to my kids.

Review Date: 30th December, 2002

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Brogham 5.0 V8 (307 c.i.) from North America

Summary:

The last of the great American sedans

Right before I started driving the car I bonded the great many rusty areas. Then I had it re-painted as close to the original color (medium sky-blue).

The transmission started to go at 115,000 and I had it rebuilt.

While I was driving home from work during the summer of 2000, it over-heated. I believe that the head gaskets are fried. As it turns out the car over-heated because it had holes in the radiator. It has not been driven except to have it backed into my garage since it over-heated.

General Comments:

While it was operational, I had some of the best times in that car. Its' interior is so spacious that I could fit about 6 football players comfortably.

It was a real animal off the line. I used to have no problems taking out most cars with a V6 engine and some other tanks, like my friend's 1976 Cadillac Sedan de Ville with a 424 V8.

When you drive this car it's like riding on a clouds, you don't even feel the road, much less the bumps.

Review Date: 3rd December, 2002