1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Reviews - Page 6 of 6

Year of manufacture1985
First year of ownership1996
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 5.0 307ci V-8 Automatic

Summary:

A truly amazing vehicle with abundant HP!

I replaced one of the universal joints.

The transmission is a little choppy. It is burning just a little bit of oil, during the summer I added about 1 quart every 10 days.

The brakes need work, but I'm getting rid of it soon, so I'm not going to fix them.

Weather stripping is rotted out.

Interior lights on the dash work when they feel like it.

Windshield wipers don't shut off.

Window on the driver's side doesn't roll down.

Door on the passenger side doesn't open from the outside.

Shifter knob has broke off.

Driver's seat belt buckle is gone, must use the middle one.

The body has many rust holes and dents.

That's it though, the rest is cake.

General Comments:

MY TANK... I love this car, it rides like a dream, I scoff at speed bumps!! It is unbelievably stable at high speeds, I made it up to about 125 or 130mph a few times.

Acceleration is great, I can beat most stock models off the line. I feel like I'm driving a rocket ship when I'm on the highway.

Out of the over 40 cars and trucks I have driven, it was the most comfortable of them all.

Oldsmobile should have kept producing this model identically forever. Wish I could keep it forever.

Review Date: 6th January, 2001

17th Apr 2003, 10:25

I do indeed believe that you do not know what you are talking about! Your problem could be two things, you, or the car, and by the way you talk, it seems to be you. If you find out that it isn't, why don't you believe that the car can get over 100 MPH, iv'e done it, and I can peel out (burn rubber) so take a hint, before you open your big mouth, ask a mechanic, like myself if it is possible, and/or if they have done it in a costumer's car!

2nd Mar 2010, 11:13

My first car was a 1985 old Delta 88 2 door. I was 15 when I bought the car. I paid 2500 dollars for it because it had a rebuilt 307 motor in it. At the time, I did not know that this 307 was out of a Cutlass 442, it was a 9 vin code motor (about 40 more rated hp than the y vin code). I got my first speeding ticket in this car (young and dumb) on interstate 75 I Atlanta, 111 in a 55 mph zone. I was 17 years old. 307 with 200r4 trans. After the officer pulled me over, having to catch me from a standstill, he asked me if I know how fast I was go in? I replied "no because the dash only goes to 85 mph " Point of the story is, this car will do 125, 130. Easy!. I've had this car 4 11 years now, I love it. Go Oldsmobile.

3rd Mar 2010, 22:37

To the poster of 2nd Mar 2010, 11:13:

If you were doing 111 mph with the 307, you must have been going down a very steep hill!!!

1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal Brougham 307 V-8 from North America