Cheap and fast, but the suspension is shocking
Owned the car a year now, and have had the following:
- Rear bearings failure (replaced the whole rear axle with a scrap one).
- Speedometer failure (live with it isn't an MoT failure).
- ABS sensors; rear ones replaced (rust maybe?).
- Indicator stayed on. Took the steering column apart and blew it :)
- Goes through front tyres like Lady Gaga's outfits...
- Rattling exhaust manifold (live with it, keeps me awake in the mornings).
Fast and torquey in the mid range, but the low end power is poo.
I've not much experience with other GTi's to be fair, but I would say that value for money on a hot hatch, you can't go wrong. Just be prepared for a little DIY.
I think on high revs it will start beating other 8 valve cars, but the low end lets it down to be fair.
My advice: If you do get a 206 GTi, check the rear wheels for play, and listen carefully to the engine when running.
As for comfort; driving on motorways is painful!!
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 20th March, 2012