2000 Pontiac Bonneville Reviews

First year of ownership2009
Engine and transmission 3.8L supercharged Automatic
Most recent distance200000 miles
Previous carPontiac Grand Prix

Summary:

If you want a reliable, fully loaded car with power and good gas mileage, this is your car

Front wheel bearing went out.

Sunroof won't open.

Digital clock display light out.

Service stability system flashes on display screen, which makes my traction control not work.

Rear windows won't open.

Cadillac converter clogged.

AC condenser went out, ruining the compressor as well.

General Comments:

This 3.8 supercharged engine is unstoppable, and gets great gas mileage for the amount of power it gives out.

Bought this car in 2009 on an auction for 1,800 dollars, and after a tune-up, have had no major problems with it. Looks and runs great.

Most problems seem very common with other similar models, and after replacing these with aftermarket parts, have had no more problems.

Review Date: 27th December, 2010

29th Dec 2010, 15:40

It's catalytic converter by the way... for the price, even with the issues, this is a great car.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 3.8 supercharged from North America

Model year2000
First year of ownership2010
Engine and transmission 3.8 supercharged Automatic
Distance when acquired172000 miles
Previous carPontiac Bonneville

Summary:

Awesome if taken care of

It would randomly shut off for no reason.

The rear windows don't work, the motors due, but I am assuming the regulators have gone bad.

The trunk leaks water.

The heated seats only work on high.

Radio lights are half out.

General Comments:

The car is fun to drive, has great acceleration in both supercharged and normal variations.

I have owned 4 Bonneville's 2 1994 both had reached over 170000 miles with only regular maintenance needed. A 2003 Bonneville SLE that other than the intake gasket needing replaces has been a joy to own. It does not have any of the problems that my SSEi has, and has everything the SSEi has, except the heads up display and memory seats.

The 2000 SSEi was the first run of the body style. It has been a joy to drive. Gas can be a bit expensive, seeing as it needs premium to run at its best. I have always loved Pontiac's; have owned 2 Grand Am's; 92 SE was awesome, 97 SE hit 100000 and was traded with a coolant leak we never found. Both Bonnie's were traded for newer ones.

I want to buy a 2005 GXP Bonneville next.

Review Date: 9th September, 2010

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI from North America

Previous carPontiac Bonneville

Summary:

Trash

My motor went out at 186,212. Just got it fixed. Before that, I had all of the same problems that everybody else is having.

Now it seem like something is wrong with the trans; whenever it's real cold outside, it seems like it doesn't wanna shift out of 2nd until the car warms up. Does anybody know what the problem might be??

General Comments:

I hate this car. I should have kept my Lumina; it was the best car I have ever had, why did GM stop making them?

Review Date: 29th January, 2010

30th Jan 2010, 14:53

I also hate it when you get close to 200,000 miles out of a car.

31st Jan 2010, 16:48

Lumina? Ha ha ha. It's a good thing they stopped making them. Mine was dead at a whopping 43,000 miles.

8th Feb 2010, 18:24

Dude, you got the SSEI model.. That was your problem. Those cars are junk. My friend got one and it was problem after problem.. however I bought the SLE model and I love it to death.. it has a few little minor problems, but nothing I can't fix.. I have owned it for a year and I love it..

I wanted the SSEI model, but not after seeing my friend go through hell..

Also 180,000 miles is a lot on an engine, but the supercharger is what fails the most.. the 3.8 is one of the best motors out there, and it all depends on how you treat them...

And to the guy that has the tranny problems when it is cold... you probably just need to let it warm up for about 10 to 15 minutes before you drive it, driving it when it is cold is hard on a vehicle..

I love my Bonneville, and I hope it lasts me to well over 300,000.