2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI Supercharged V6 from North America

Summary:

I think the design and handling is great on this car

I replaced one window regulator at 35,000.

My CD/Cassette radio display light went out at 40,000.

Oil pressure gauge stuck at 120psi at 65,000.

Now at 70,000 the service stability system light came on.

General Comments:

I love driving the car because it handles so nice and is a very quick car.

Other than the above problems, it has been a very nice automobile.

I have owned all the SSE's and SSEI's since they came out, and I think this one is really the best one. The other one that I would compare it with would be the 1988 SSE. The sound system was a lot better I feel.

I do think this design was the sharpest that GM had, however they should have stood behind the major problems better. That is why I will never buy another GM automobile again.

Review Date: 22nd December, 2009

1st Feb 2010, 23:54

What did you do about your oil pressure gauge when it read 120 psi? My car just did that today, how did you fix it? Thanks.

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Supercharged from North America

Summary:

Best powerful luxury sedan for the money

Multiple sensors. The fuel sensor went bad when I lost the gas cap and bought a generic brand that did not breathe properly. Oil pressure sensor went out jumping around wildly.

Steering wheel clunking. It never bothered me much so I never fixed it. And never had any more problems.

Routine wear out type parts. The rest of the things that went wrong, in my opinion are just parts are bound to wear out. Brakes, ball joints... etc.

General Comments:

I put around 130,000 miles on this car and I loved it. I bought this car after a 2000 Maxima and found this car much quieter (less tire and road noise). Also has many more luxury features than the Nissan.

Loads of power made this car a blast to drive. And let's be honest, with that much power, there's going to be a cost to go with it. Heavier duty parts cost more to replace, and the power and torque wears stuff out. Don't like it? Get a ricer.

For a big car, the cabin space still seems cramped for leg room. The passenger has to slip their knees in between their seat and the low hanging dash board (huge dash) The seats in the back are comfy, but again, no place for adult legs.

Review Date: 7th November, 2009

2000 Pontiac Bonneville from North America

Summary:

Pretty obvious why GM no longer makes this car

My Bonneville now has 95,000 miles.

The steering shaft has been replaced/lubed every 5,000. GM was paying, but now states not a safety issue, so no longer their problem.

Intake manifold gasket replaced twice.

2 window regulators.

Replaced fuel sensor, oil pressure gauge twice, & several problems with dash lights.

Love the car, but seems GM should stand behind their faulty parts.

I now have to lubricate the steering shaft as often as I rotate the tires, otherwise it clunks.

Review Date: 26th May, 2008

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi 3.8 supercharged from North America

Steering column clunking problem started at 50,000 miles. Fixed by dealer, lube kit, has been OK since then.

Oil pressure sending unit has been replaced 3 times. Pressure was pegged high all 3 times. Dealer fixed once under warranty, I have replaced sender twice myself.

Both outer tie rod ends and right front wheel bearing needed replaced at 60000 miles.

Headlights and taillights recently began staying on all the time. Haven't got that fixed yet.

Fuel gauge is always pegged full.

Supercharger belt tensioner pulley (plastic) destroyed itself and the belt last month. Replacement metal pulley was $21.00, plus a new belt for $26.00.

No window regulator problems or trunk leaks so far.

Review Date: 28th April, 2008

2000 Pontiac Bonneville SLE 3.8 from North America

Summary:

Drives well, but too many repairs

Right rear window motor failed with 25,000 miles.

Left rear window motor failed 3 months later.

Obviously, there is a problem with these motors.

Cost me $500.00 for new regulator on the right rear window. Pontiac won't do anything about reimbursement.

Review Date: 2nd December, 2007