2001 Pontiac Firebird Reviews - Page 7 of 7

2001 Pontiac Firebird WS6 5.7 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Previous carFord Mustang

Summary:

It's a racing gem!!!

Nothing at all has gone wrong with the car... knock on wood.

General Comments:

If you're looking for speed then this car is your dream!

I fell in love with it right when I saw the raised nostrils on the hood! And after I test drove it there was no way I could just get a T/A!

I should of gotten the stick, but the gears were a little too sticky compared to what I was used to. But it's still fast and no one Mustang has raced me yet!

The only things that I could really complain about is that it does ride rough and the traction control pops on when you least expect it, but that can be turned off.

Also, the car is still made with the old school steel, which keeps it heavy. But sometimes that can be a bad thing or a good thing.

Review Date: 8th March, 2001

25th Jan 2006, 22:50

Plastic?! I think fiberglass right.

2001 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 5.7 LS-1 from North America

Year of manufacture2001
Most recent year of ownership2001
Engine and transmission 5.7 LS-1 Manual
Previous carBMW 328ic

Summary:

A true modern muscle car!

The only problem is a flawed paint job. Apparently something was spilled on the car that was caustic in transit. The dealer did a fair job of repairing (hiding) the damage, but not good enough for me. They are going to fix it (or so they say), we shall see.

General Comments:

This is our first brand new car. The only reason I bought one new, is because these cars in the wrong hands can be a mess to purchase used. Also I thought if this is the last year for the F-body, we may have an instant classic on our hands ;-)

The power is fantastic. You can't help but grin goofily when driving this wonderful sports (and I do mean sports) car. I love it, and the 6-speed is great for gas mileage (almost 30 for a 310 HP car!)

You will love it!

Review Date: 28th January, 2001

8th Mar 2001, 13:31

I own a 2001 WS6 and I know exactly what you mean... I can't help but to smirk at the people who think they own a sport car... but don't even know how to drive it!

~Malibu.

23rd Mar 2001, 17:50

I agree with you whole heartedly that this is the best car on the market if you want performance and a good price. But there is something I must clarify, the Firebird will be discontinued in 2001 but they will sell them into the model year 2002 as 2002 cars. In a sense they are and are not the last year avail. I am one of the lucky few to own a T/A WS6 and I think its Pontiacs best way to compensate for not having a Corvette model!