2001 Saturn SC from North America

Summary:

I love it.

Idles really roughly. Back seats not very comfortable.

General Comments:

A very nice comfortable ride if you happen to be in the front seat.

It rides smoothly, but tends to shake a little at red lights.

This is my first car and so far it's been really reliable and good on gas mileage, which is a must here in Florida!

Review Date: 1st November, 2005

2001 Saturn SC SC2 1.6L DOHC from North America

Summary:

Anyone wanna dream car?

The car has so far "knocking on wood" been great. No severe problems yet.

Slight leak on drivers side front door, but not bad enough to cause any major discomfort or awkward situations.

General Comments:

This car was definitely built to perform in a similar fashion to it's sporty looks. Handles great, and good pick-up.

Gas mileage is good, best on the highway where I am set at some point in the future to attempt 400 miles on one tank of gas. Have already made 215 on slightly less than half the tank. Will be happy to achieve 300-350 though.

Review Date: 17th December, 2004

1st Nov 2005, 17:10

HI,

I have a 2000 SC2 and think it's a pretty good car. I bought it brand new. However, the gas mileage I get isn't nearly as good as people say theirs is.

I only get about 200 miles to a tank of gas... which to me isn't very good especially since it's suppose to get 36-38 miles on the freeway.

Any suggestions for me?

Thank you.

2001 Saturn SC SC2 1.9L 4 cylinder from North America

Summary:

Reliable daily driver, not a racer

Front rotors had to be replaced.

Coolant temperature sensor was fouled.

General Comments:

Other than a few very cheap repairs, I have had no serious problems with this car.

Regular maintenance is what it takes. I have changed the oil every 3k miles and have had to clean out the throttle body once, and replaced the engine cooling temperature sensor once.

Other than those few normal items, nothing at all has gone wrong with this high mileage car. It still gets about 30-35mpg on a regular basis.

If you are looking for a street racer, this is not a car for you though, it has very slow acceleration and doesn't really kick in any power until at least 3500RPM.

Review Date: 15th June, 2004

2001 Saturn SC SC1 from North America

Summary:

Practical, low maintenance and sporty.

Felt a "buck" sensation when putting the car in reverse, only when cold.

General Comments:

Very reliable and sharp-looking. Received numerous compliments.

Review Date: 3rd June, 2004

2001 Saturn SC Sc-2 coupe from North America

Summary:

Expected more than it can deliver

Wheel wobbles on stopping. Dealer said it was tire balance, but problem persists.

A/C broke down after 1st year and needed to replace compressor (under warranty)

Had starting problems twice in cold damp weather, and dealer replaced sensor temperature first time, and second time they found no problem and claimed I flooded engine on start-up.

General Comments:

Car suspension is very rough on road and bumpy ride.

Not enough horsepower, in my opinion, and to slow from 0 to 60. Slowly achieves high speed in highway and not as stable.

Gas mileage is excellent.

Review Date: 22nd March, 2004

21st Dec 2007, 11:37

Great review comments.

I had the exact same problem with the AC, which the dealer repaired. They also refilled the coolant. The AC still seems unreliable and not as cold as my wife's Hyundai, but I'm giving up on fixing it since I've tried over three times.

I also had the steering wheel wobbling. This was fixed when the dealer replaced tires (older and needed replacing) and some rotor work.

I agree with the great gas mileage. I commute everyday, and it's been about $25 - $35 a week from North County to Del Mar.

My Moon Roof has also locked up. Makes loud clicking sound and doesn't move, when I attempt to use it.

I wouldn't buy this car again because of the driving noise, and lack of room in the car for anyone above 5 feet 10 inches in height.

2001 Saturn SC SC2 4.0 cylinders from North America

Summary:

This car is way too expensive for the quality of this fine piece of plastic

My car makes very funny noises while driving, but the sounds can never be duplicated when I go into the dealership.

I had to have my window controls replaced because my window would not go all the way down as it was supposed to.

My CD player does not always want to work for me.

My windshield washer fluid has frozen for weeks at a time when I have needed it the most.

My passenger door does not always close perfectly and a rattling noise can be heard.

When my gears shift, a bump can be felt. It is as if my gears are hitting each other.

After 2 months of driving, my rotors were oval shaped.

My brakes do not want to work all the time.

General Comments:

The car does not have a quick pick up and it seems as if it struggles to pick up speed.

The back seats are very cramped and there is hardly any room for back seat passengers.

I cannot say there is a lack of cup holders, 2 in the front and 5 in the rear. There are more places for drinks then there are for people.

The car is nice for the fact that it is dent proof; this has worked several times for me.

Review Date: 17th January, 2004

7th Aug 2007, 19:00

Haha you made us laugh..."fine piece of plastic".

Hahaha nice.