2002 Saturn VUE AWD V6 3.0 from North America
An unsafe SUV. A true LEMON!
1. Noise from the Front End.
2. Water coming in from the AC into the passenger side.
3. Corrosion on the roof.
4. Gas gauge stopped working.
5. Engine misfires at start up.
6. Transmission downshift roughly on "stop and go" driving.
7. Strong noise is HEARD and FELT on the steering wheel as you turn to a sharp left.
8. Sun-visor does not move up sufficiently to allow you to see the road clearly.
Most of the problems I have reported to Saturn still remain unfixed.
The Front End noise worries me to the point that I will not let my wife drive this car.
Would you buy another car from this manufacturer? No
Review Date: 20th February, 2003
30th Apr 2003, 23:04
I have had all the same problems. I have a 2002 AWD6.. I believe the Vue is a LEMON...
10th May 2003, 18:18
The sun-visor clips need to be replaced. Early VUEs clips did not allow enough range of motion and have been changed. The dealer will replace them for free if you ask.
The front end noise sounds like the famous strut problem. I have had mine replaced under warranty no charge. Visit and read the forums at www.edmunds.com (Town Hall) for additional VUE problems/solutions.
I have a 2002 VUE that was built in February 2002, and have had my share of problems. I can say after repeated trips to the dealership, most of them have finally been resolved at no cost to me. Remember there is always the 800 number to assist you with getting problems resolved.
All of that being said, I agree, the VUE was not developed as well as it could have been, and I will not recommend the vehicle to people.