2003 Saturn VUE from North America

Summary:

Not worth it

First the horn, then the transmission.

General Comments:

I paid $8800 for this car, but over $7000 in repairs.

The only reason I got a Saturn was because I thought it was a good car. I still owe money on it but I can't drive it. The Saturn mechanic finally said it's not worth fixing and sent me on my way with a piece of junk. I will never buy a Saturn again.

Review Date: 20th May, 2010

2003 Saturn VUE 2.2 from North America

Summary:

I did good or lucky

At 115,000 miles the right rear wheel bearing went out = $300.

Front brake pads replaced at 110,000 miles (normal to me). I did them myself (Simple job) = $63 for top of the line Wagner pads.

3 years ago it started rattling in the front suspension = $300 for long sway bars that connect center link to strut. 116,000 miles, the clunking got too loud. Perfect now at 119,000 miles.

Now at 119,000 miles my passenger strut is leaking (Normal because since 95,000 miles = I drive pizzas every night = 125 stop and go miles) 5 speed manual and HAPPY:)

General Comments:

Handles great.

Review Date: 24th March, 2010

14th Apr 2010, 12:36

I am from Russia, and also used a Saturn 5 manual speed; nice car. It's covered about 72000 miles.

2003 Saturn VUE from North America

Summary:

If there are a lot of complaints about the transmissions on the car, then fix the transmissions

We have a 2003 Saturn Vue, and there have been complaints made.

When it was first purchased, we were told it was just how the car sounded.

Then the snow came. We got stuck in the snow and followed the instructions in the manual to get it out; that was in February.

While on a trip to another city, the car just stopped moving. It comes on, it just won't go forwards or backwards. That was on the 5th of March.

Now it is the 10th of March 2010 and the dealership says they don't know what is wrong with the car. They say they will have to get a specialist to look at it, because they don't have a clue what's wrong.

General Comments:

I think that car should have been looked at closer in the first place. For the complaints being made since the car was purchased there should have been some flags raised or at least an eyebrow. There is no reason as to why this problem should be persisting if it was reported to the dealership in the first place.

If customers do the right thing in reporting what is wrong with the car, then the car dealers should do the right thing, and honestly find and fix the problems they seem to be having with the transmissions.

Review Date: 10th March, 2010

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 2.2 from North America

- Transmission blew at 138,000 - $5800.

- 2nd transmission blew at 158,000 - covered under warranty.

- Transfer case - $2600.

- BTS system - $350.

- Back hatch broken - does not open - $400.

- Other regular maintenance - $2000.

General Comments:

I am on my 2nd transmission in 2 years. The car is on its 4th transmission overall. I am appalled at the lack of accountability. VTI transmissions experience "issues" according to the dealership. I cannot even sell this car due to $12,000 in repairs in 2 years... NEVER AGAIN! I will never purchase a GM again!

Review Date: 17th December, 2009

2003 Saturn VUE 2.2 from North America

Summary:

Almost great

The computer was replaced 3 times.

The Service Engine Soon light has been a constant problem ever since I drove it off the lot new!

General Comments:

It has enough power and gets OK gas mileage at 28+ mpg.

It has lots of room, and the seats are comfy for me.

Review Date: 21st September, 2009

2003 Saturn VUE from North America

Summary:

Trash

While going around a curve today, the SES light and reduce power lite came on. Before I could stop the car stalled, causing a accident.

I went off the road hitting a ditch and tree. Coming up short from a river only by 10 feet. The airbags did not deploy. Luckily I was alone and did not have my 1 and 5 years old children with me.

I will never by another car from Saturn.

General Comments:

After reading several blogs about the Saturn Vue, I think something should be done with this car and company before someone gets hurt or killed.

Review Date: 29th August, 2009