I bought a second hand '02 Skoda Fabia 1.4 MPI with 75,000 miles about six months ago. Appealed to me as it looked like it had had a gentle life owned by older people (and the tyres needed replacing due to age rather than wearing, which is always a good sign!). Lots of minor problems with it though including:
- Taking a long time for engine to warm up with poor economy until it has.
- Water leaks into and slightly through the doors in heavy rain.
- Problems with doors locking and unlocking when there has been heavy rain (presumably as water has been getting into the electrics). On one occasion I returned to the car in a public car park, and it had unlocked itself and wound down its front electric windows!
- Juddery start from warm. And you can't touch the accelerator when starting until the revs settle, otherwise it cuts out.
- And then today the engine warning light has come on.
All in 3,000 miles. I still kind of like it for some reason though. But I wouldn't buy another.
My Skoda Fabia 1.2, 2008, was sold to me with a number of problems that were obvious to me, but the dealer managed to divert my attention on the matters, and today I am suffering.
First thing is my air conditioning. From day 1, it never worked correctly, but when taking it back to the dealer, they rapidly managed to touch things I did not quite understand and my A/C started to function. They even told me that they had changed the evaporator. Well 3 years later I have no A/C and the warranty is finished.
My EPC sensor light comes on, and the car stops and loses power. Though the heating of the car was always there. I was using the car. I had to, it is my only way of moving around. I need my A/C, but don't have $1500.00 to fix it as it is the price they said it would cost. Thank you for any advice; I can't stand up for more than 100 minutes.
Add another comment
Note: A Comments RSS Feed is available. New comments appear in the Members Area before the main site
Copyright 1997 - 2013 CSDO Media Limited Advertise on this site