6th Mar 2017, 17:32

Have a 2012 SsangYong Actyon. It has trouble starting after short journeys (or short stays). It's like it's not getting enough fuel. Spoke to a diesel mechanic; reckons it could be a temperature sensor, making it think it is cold starting.

Anyone else had this issue?

10th Mar 2017, 04:58

Could be a crank sensor based on symptoms.

26th May 2017, 07:40

My glow plug light has been on for over 12 months; it comes & goes, but is on most of the time, as my mechanic said it won't hurt. So far so good.

31st May 2017, 13:08

Recently experienced the same problem (temp gauge drops to zero). My suggestion is replace the thermostat ASAP. Replace your thermostat and she works fine again.

Another recent issue for me was the EGR valve didn't want to open (just too much soot from EGR gasses) causing the car not wanting to engage "cruise control". I suspect the VCF is constantly engaging too soon and blowing cool air over the EGR manifold, causing the EGR gasses to cool down faster than intended. Just a thought. At 150 000km I think it needed a good clean and lube in any case. I cleaned all the way as far as possible up into the intake manifold without removing the intake manifold (a lot of soot). Also had problem with Diesel Water Separator light constantly acting-UP and illuminating. Replaced just the sensor (works fine now). I probably didn't need to. On closer inspection the connecting plug has two protrusions on the sides that keep the plug from disconnecting. The C-clip catches on these two plastic shoulders and it gets pressed too deep past the shoulders due to a weak design and then causes the plug to disconnect at the sensor.

Finally - I still need to replace the VCF because it engages too soon and the engine sounds like a jet plane and might cause the new thermostat to fail because it sends too cold coolant to the intake side of the thermostat.

16th Jul 2017, 02:24

You're not alone my brother, and I have SsangYong's glow plugs stuck in head nightmare.

13th Sep 2017, 08:14

I have a Kyron with one frozen injector. The one at the rear. Went to a wreckers and they have one the same year etc., but it has one frozen injector also.

29th Sep 2017, 10:17

Change the thermostat. This is a common problem on Ssangyong diesels.

27th Oct 2017, 23:41

Just pulled out all my injectors and replaced the washers.

No special tools needed, just lots of carby cleaner to soften the carbon, patience and a stand spanner to slowly free the injector moving it forward and backwards until it comes out. YouTube has some fantastic clips on this topic. Still working on the glow plugs. I am buying a glowplug removal kit for this one as they feel rather tight.

20th Nov 2017, 10:13

The glow plugs will be scary to get out, caused by soot being cooked on the exposed thread in head. My guy spent a week getting mine out, soaking plugs in thread soaker, trying (ever so gently) to move forward & back, worried he might snap one off. The car sat over the weekend, and bingo, out they came.

8th Dec 2017, 13:11

How do we fix the heat gauge fault in the wire loom?