2002 Suzuki XL-7 from North America

Summary:

Do not purchase

AC Compressor is bad! Several review I have read indicate this to be a real common problem with this vehicle. Remote entry and overhead lighting does not work. Motor to wipers no longer works. (2) recalls on vehicle.

General Comments:

I was originally very happy with vehicle. It needed a cargo net and it is difficult to clean the console area, but now I have major issues. Not only did the keyless entry quit as well as overhead lights (and I do not have a local dealership), but the AC blew and I see this to be a common problem with no help from Suzuki.

Review Date: 2nd April, 2007

27th Jul 2007, 17:40

Re A/C compressor: this is emerging as a problem with this Nippondenso unit after 40000 or so miles; hopefully Suzuki will consider doing something about it.

Re keyless entry: 2001 was unfortunate in that the control module only worked with the two original key fobs; once they quit you were done; this was fixed in 2002 and after as the control modules would program new key fobs to work with it -- see? Suzuki did fix it on the next production run. They also fixed that wacky cruise control arrangement in 2002!! :-)

13th Aug 2007, 19:15

2002 XL-7 re: a/c compressor. Mine totally ceased at 37,000 miles. Dealership quoted me $1100.00 to replace and that was just for the part. We have filed a claim with Suzuki and are waiting for a response. Just had it at the dealer for an inspection and to check out the a/c for the claim , now they are telling me it needs bearings and seals in the rear and a new front timing cover. Funny thing is nothing is leaking in my driveway and it drives great. I also just had it at a different mechanic to replace an oxygen censor and he rotated all 4 tires and never mentioned the leaking seals, that was just a few days ago (*¿*)

2002 Suzuki XL-7 Limited from North America

Summary:

Initially impressive, finally disappointing

Initially this was a great car, however, the minimal problems have added up over time.

The final decision to not buy another Suzuki came when the air compressor went completely out at 80,000 miles. The dealer refuses to even speak with us regarding the issue.

When I called Suzuki to discuss the problems with them, after finding that many others have had the same problem with a low mile vehicle, I was told that they did not consider it an issue and they were not interested in assisting with any problems we may have.

I am very disappointed that we have such a problem with low miles in relation to the problem, and there seems to be no concern on those that have gained the most from the car.

Review Date: 28th November, 2006

2002 Suzuki XL-7 2.7 V6 from North America

Summary:

A real bargain, a pleasure for minimal cost

Nothing.

General Comments:

This car is a great reliable SUV. Easy to figure out that you have a real bargain when you buy it.

The only issue is the turning radius, it is even less than my toyota corolla one. I advise every family who want to gather a space with AWD system to buy this car.

Review Date: 6th November, 2006

2002 Suzuki XL-7 2.7 from North America

Summary:

Overall, I'm not sure I would buy another one

O The engine light came on and off for the first 30,000 miles.

O An O2 sensor was replaced at 35,000 miles.

O Engine light is constantly on now. One of the 4 O2 sensors is gone again.

O Major recent problem is oil leaks. Brought into dealer to fix, but problem has reoccurred. The drain plug seals were replaced, but has not solved the problem.

General Comments:

This is my second purchase. I like the 4 wheel shift on demand. My first purchase, the air conditioner did not last the second summer. Also, the engine (2.5) consumed about 1 quart of oil every 1,500 miles. My second purchase leaks oil.

Review Date: 12th April, 2005