2001 Toyota Camry Reviews - Page 2 of 8

Year of manufacture2000
Engine and transmission 2.2L Automatic
Most recent distance120000 miles
Previous carNone None

Summary:

Great reliable commuter car

The car leaks oil every time I put in brand new oil. The speakers seemed to be popped because I play my music really loud.

General Comments:

This is the car I learned how to drive in and the only one I've owned so I can't really compare it with respect to anything else. I've been really rough to the car but it seems invincible. Other than that what I can tell you it is a very reliable car. One problem I have with the car is an oil leak that started around 60,000 miles. Ever since the oil leak my car has been low on oil and I put oil in it once in a while, but still the car never shakes or rattles and performs great now at 120,000. I love driving on the freeways especially because of the high mpg. The car is very quiet and smooth. Never once did the car overheat even when I drive at high speeds in extreme heat. The steering wheel is very easy to move. Other than the oil problem which really pisses me off even though car still runs fine, it's a great vehicle. The car also comes with excellent stock speakers and bass. The car would be cooler if it could have a higher top speed, acceleration, and turn faster.

Review Date: 25th October, 2008

2001 Toyota Camry CE 2.2L from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L Automatic
Previous carFord Thunderbird

Summary:

I love my Camry because it is pretty much low maintenance

My transmission went up at 34,000 miles.

General Comments:

I believe that there could have been more support for your lumbar region with the front seats.

Review Date: 27th July, 2008

2001 Toyota Camry CE 2.2L 136hp from North America

Engine and transmission 2.2L 136hp Automatic
Previous carChevrolet Cavalier

Summary:

Toyota Camry's are Amazing!

I have never really had anything go wrong with the car. I have only totally owned the car for 5 months, but I have drove this same car for over half the age of the car. It was my grandfathers and he bought it Brand new.

General Comments:

This is one of the most reliable cars that I have ever driven.. Good gas mileage in town and super good on highway. Nice easy quiet ride. They will last for well over 300,000 miles as long as you keep it up and take care of it. My uncle just traded his Toyota Tacoma in that has the same engine as the Camry and he put 450,000 miles on it. It was still running like it was brand new. They Keep their value. I have always been a Chevrolet person that's why I had a cavalier, but there is nothing like a Toyota.--Affordable, Great gas mileage, long lasting, good performance, and dependable.

Review Date: 30th December, 2007

18th Mar 2011, 09:25

We bought our 2001 Camry used in 2009. We love it. It is even better than the '83 Corolla we bought new and sold after 17 years. (I am sure that '83 is still on the road). Toyotas are like Apple computers. The people who buy them do so because they work!

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4 Cylinder from North America

Engine and transmission 4 Cylinder Automatic
Previous carHonda Accord

Summary:

Well designed, reliable car, but is boring to drive

Bad factory tires wear excessively, handle dangerously, and it goes out of alignment.

Trunk release does not work intermittently.

General Comments:

Other than really bad factory tires and the bad trunk release, the car has been very reliable.

I have driven a 2000 Honda Accord. Compared to the Accord, the suspension is too soft, so the car handles poorly, but acceptably. It is not as fun to drive.

The build quality is better. The interior material is better. The service for the Toyota is simpler, with an oil change every 5000 miles and a major service every 15000 miles. There haven't been many surprises in the services area.

The car soaks up bumps really well, but leans excessively on curves.

The engine and the transmission is really smooth.

Steering is too numb.

The car's control layout is not as good as the Honda.

The view out of the car is not as good.

Review Date: 13th July, 2007